The Children’s Cancer Therapy Development Institute is building our team, and we are looking for someone with development experience to join the leadership team of our lab on a full-time or part-time basis.
Who We Are
Children’s Cancer Therapy Development Institute (CC-TDI) is a non-profit childhood cancer research lab composed of biologists and engineers. CC-TDI’s mission is to make childhood cancer universally survivable. We are building our management team as our lab continues to grow! Much of our funding comes in the form of scientific grants from governments and foundations, but we are looking for someone to grow our non-grant development program.
Who You Are
An individual with a passion for building strong relationships in order to achieve the principles and values of CC-TDI. You have relevant experience in corporate fundraising, marketing/social media, business development and communications. You thrive on networking and the ability to develop lasting relationships through strong organizational and planning skills. You are a self-starter who likes to work at their own pace while working towards meeting specific goals. No job is too big or too small, since you will initially be a one-person show — you may find yourself handling social media posts one minute, working on coordinating an event the next, giving someone a tour of our space, or setting up meetings with potential donors.
If you’re a good fit for this position, you already know most of what this job entails. However, to be sure we’re providing a complete picture. Here are some details:
Development & Fundraising (90%)
- Design and implement annual fundraising goals, campaigns, and activities.
- Manage and execute development activities including developing foundation relationships, corporate cause marketing, individual donor solicitation activities, and writing grants.
- Coordinate individual donor solicitations including end-of-year appeal mailing, house parties, major donor campaigns, and other events.
- Communicating with donors and staff through face-to-face, phone, hand-written, and email.
- Assist with implementing a corporate cause marketing strategy customized for local prospects.
- Manage all associated data via Kindful (development database) by maintaining accurate records of relationships, conversations, and donor history.
- Lead the planning and execution of local special events, including securing corporate sponsorships and individual gifts and managing event budgets.
- Assist on special projects and serve as the local contact for third party events in the community.
- Attend, assist and represent CC-TDI at various key fundraising events/functions, speaking engagements, and site visits.
Marketing & Communications (10%)
- Assist with the marketing of fundraiser events, including email communications, event materials and signage, vendor orders, and onsite event support.
- Design and execute communications and social media plan.
- 3 years or more of nonprofit development experience, with increasing levels of responsibility
- Proven ability to set and meet achievable fundraising targets
- Demonstrated success in external relationship cultivation and solicitation
- Experience in business development, fundraising materials, and proposals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English) and proficient in social and digital media
- Familiarity with the Portland philanthropic community is a plus
- Must hold a valid driver’s license and own a vehicle
- Have the ability to work some evenings and weekends
- Salary range: $45,000 - $65,000 based on full time equivalent, depending on experience. Benefits including 9 paid holidays, 15 days of PTO, medical, dental, and retirement.
- Bonus structure based on performance
Applicants please send:
1) Cover letter describing your qualifications, success in past positions, and interest in this specific position.
2) Your resume.
3) Please also tell us where you heard about the job in the email body.
Send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Director of Development & Communications.”
Position open until filled. Priority given to applicants who apply by March 27, 2020.
Early applications are encouraged and will be reviewed on a rolling basis.