ChildrenFirst Health Care System is a dynamic, multidisciplinary organization, serving medically complex infants and children in the greater Orlando, Florida area.
ChildrenFirst HCS is the leading provider of home and center based care for medically fragile, pediatric patients and has served the metro area for over 26 years. For more information, please visit ChildrenFirst.com.
The organization's Home Health Division has an excellent Director of Nursing opportunity for a top performer with a commitment to the highest standard of patient care and the D.O.N. skills and experience to clinically lead a division.
Qualities Include: The ChildrenFirst Director of Nursing must be outgoing, friendly and a high energy, people person. The D.O.N. is entrusted with carrying out our mission of helping our medically complex infants and children live the healthiest life possible. The individual must thrive in a busy environment, is able to set and achieve goals, values team effort and collaboration, has strong verbal and written communication skills, is well organized and is flexible and adaptable.
- Provide guidance and support to RN Case Managers to assist them in continually improving all areas of service.
- Evaluate performance of RN Case Managers and office support staff.
- Oversee continual performance improvement of home care nurses.
- Provide counsel, guidance and discipline to home care nurses as needed.
- Assist RN Case Managers to develop performance matrix of home care nurses.
- Establish and implement goals and objectives for the division.
- Develop and administer home health policy and procedures.
- Collaborate with HR for hiring and terminations of home care nurses.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state and local laws governing the operation of a Medicaid home health agency.
- Establish and conduct annual performance reviews of RN Case Managers and home care nurses.
- Lead and participate in the accreditation process.
- Interact and collaborate with all other division heads.
- Develop and implement educational modules.
- Oversee and participate in new hire orientation.
- Lead risk management.
- Develop and implement annual competencies criteria.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) required.
- Active RN license in the state of Florida.
- Proven leadership ability with 3+ years recent experience directing nursing services in a pediatric home health or related health care organization.
- Knowledge of government regulations and AHCA standards.
- Excellent computer skills in excel.
- On-call rotation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English.
- Self-directed, organized and able to perform independently.
- Strictly non-smoker.
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Supplemental insurances
- Generous PTO plan
- Performance bonus opportunity
- Relocation assistance
- Very competitive salary structure
ChildrenFirstChildrenFirst Health Care System is central Florida's premier provider of children's home care services, including: private duty nursing, DME, respiratory health, medical group homes, medical day care and therapies.