Preschool - Toddler Teacher
Children of America Wilmington, DE
- Posted: over a month ago
The Toddler teacher position requires crafting an enriched learning experience and creating a positive environment that helps to set the stage where milestones are celebrated and encouraged. COA teachers are motivators where hard work is "no problem" and where no task to too much to handle. You'll enjoy a supportive environment where you are encouraged to grow in your field and share your passion for early childhood education with children, parents and co-workers. You will work alongside a talented team of educators pass on your love of learning to young, eager minds. Additionally, our company culture invites you to bring your whole self to work, because it is our unique attributes, perspectives and backgrounds that make us a stronger team.
Our program serves preschool children 6 weeks - 12 years of age. Programs include, Infant, Toddler, Preschool 1 Preschool 2, Pre-K, and Before and After Care.
Children of America (COA)
It's a special recipe of people, principles and pride that makes the COA rich in diversity and strength. COA is an organization that understands the value of its people; one that prides itself on support, collaboration and cooperation and one that recognizes and appreciates the strengths that each associate brings. We provide an environment where team members can bring their whole selves to work, and where individuality, creativity and contributions are valued. The COA family is a passionate group of individuals driven by the common idea of delivering the exceptional COA Experience to everyone.
WhoWould I Interactwith?
This position interacts daily with customers, the management team, and teaching staff just to name a few.
The Toddler Teachers responsibilities include:
- Create learning spaces that support and enhance curriculum activities.
- Implement COA's curriculum in a way that is consistent.
- Adapt your teaching style as needed for each child.
- Come to work on time and ready to give 100% every
- Work encouragingly with your team to achieve the center's goals.
- Welcome and engage prospective families who come for a tour. Speak to the features and benefits of our programs. Answer parent questions.
- Continue to deepen your knowledge of COA's curriculum and implement it in the classroom.
- Learn to use the technology and systems needed for your job, and be willing to learn new programs, applications, systems, or devices as things change.
- Anticipate what the classroom, center, or your co-workers may need and follow through without prompting.
What are the requirements for this job?
- Must meet DE state requirements.
- Bachelor's degree or associate degree from accredited college or university.
- Completion of at least six credits in child development or early childhood education.
- Two-year's experience working with children birth thru second grade in a group setting.
- Completion of Training for Early Care and Education 1 & 2 or TECE 1 & TECE 2
- Strong customer service, organization, and listening skills. Above average on verbal and written skills.
- Possess skills, attributes and characteristics conducive to and suitable for dealing with customers, vendors, team members, and clients.
- Proficient in MS Office applications including Excel.
- Have or willing to obtain SIDS/Shaken Baby, CPR, and First Aid certification.
*Salary dependent on experience and level of education.
THE BENEFITS OUR CAREER PROFESSIONALS ENJOY:
- Internal Company Career Advancement Opportunities.
- Discount Employee Childcare
- Recognition Programs
- Medical, Dental, Vision + 401(k)
- Life, Accident, & Disability Insurance Plan Coverage
- Paid Vacation/ Paid Holidays
- Educational Assistance/Reimbursement
- T.E.A.C.H Scholarship Partnerships
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Perks at Work: exclusive savings for employees to 1000's of merchants
Children of America is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro