Preschool - ECE Teacher - IL
Children of America North Aurora, IL
- Posted: over a month ago
The Lead teacher position requires crafting an enriched learning experience and creating a positive environment that helps to set the stage where milestones are celebrated and encouraged. Our lead teachers are motivators where hard work is "no problem" and where no task to too much to handle. You'll enjoy a supportive environment where you are encouraged to grow in your field and share your passion for early childhood education with children, parents and co-workers. You will work alongside a talented team of educators pass on your love of learning to young, eager minds. Additionally, our company culture invites you to bring your whole self to work, because it is our unique attributes, perspectives and backgrounds that make us a stronger team.
Our program serves preschool children 6 weeks - 12 years of age. Programs include, Infant, Toddler, Preschool 1 Preschool 2, Pre-K, and Before and After Care.
Children of America (COA)
It's a special recipe of people, principles and pride that makes the COA rich in diversity and strength. COA is an organization that understands the value of its people; one that prides itself on support, collaboration and cooperation and one that recognizes and appreciates the strengths that each associate brings. We provide an environment where team members can bring their whole selves to work, and where individuality, creativity and contributions are valued. The COA family is a passionate group of individuals driven by the common idea of delivering the exceptional COA Experience to everyone.
COA is hiring for positions for our expanding classrooms. We are looking for dedicated, qualified, positive staff members. Full-time hours. As a professional individual, you like to work closely with the Educational Development team to provide and maintain a positive educational program that meets the social, emotional, physical, and intellectual needs of the children within their care. COA is an exceptional childcare center where imagination, love and education combine and result in new adventures every day.
WhoWould I Interactwith?
This position interacts daily with customers, the management team, and teaching staff just to name a few.
- A positive, kind, and energetic teacher who enjoys working with children
- Open to new ideas and coachable
- Committed to the details that assure a safe and healthy environment for the children
- Have excellent communication skills
- Have a collaborative working style
- Have Certification in Early Childhood Education. Initial and professional certifications are both acceptable.
- If you are approaching certification within the next year and have a transcript as evidence, you may also qualify for this position.
What are the requirements for this job?
- Must meet IL state requirements.
- An education related degree (Bachelors, Associates or CDA) or the desire to complete
- Sixty semester hours (or 90 quarter hours) of credits from an accredited college or university
- Two-Years of child development experience in a nursery school, kindergarten, or licensed day care center
- Preferred license or certification: Early Childhood Certification
- Commitment to Professional Development
- Have or willing to obtain SIDS/Shaken Baby, CPR, and First Aid certification.
*Salary dependent on experience and level of education.
THE BENEFITS OUR CAREER PROFESSIONALS ENJOY:
- Internal Company Career Advancement Opportunities.
- Discount Employee Childcare
- Recognition Programs
- Medical, Dental, Vision + 401(k)
- Life, Accident, & Disability Insurance Plan Coverage
- Paid Vacation/ Paid Holidays
- Educational Assistance/Reimbursement
- T.E.A.C.H Scholarship Partnerships
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Perks at Work: exclusive savings for employees to 1000's of merchants
Children of America is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro