- Posted: 6 days ago
The Development Officer -- Fundraising is an integral part of a team enthusiastically focused on raising support and building relationships for the Renaissance West Community Initiative mission - and to have fun doing it. This position reports to the Chief Development Officer and works closely with the CDO, the Grants Officer, the Volunteer/Engagement Officer and the Marketing Officer to create new opportunities for success while growing effective, established programs. Experience in development work matters, but a winning mindset and an eagerness to learn matters even more. RenWest's annual giving program, donor management, and donor stewardship are the main priorities of this position with the full support of the development team.
Annual Giving Duties:
- Responsible for the management and implementation of RenWest's Annual Giving program (direct mail, in-kind donations, workplace giving, social media, and online giving).
- Collaborates with CDO to establish long-term goals and objectives, to strategize annual campaign.
- Partners with the CDO to cultivate and steward gifts from individuals by maintaining frequent contact with current donors and developing new relationships with prospects.
- Ensures proper donor acknowledgement, recognition and stewardship through successful implementation of plans and processes. Oversees special stewardship projects including: follow up letters after VIP events, holiday card mailings, invitations to special events, personal calls, etc.
- Collaborates with the Development team to develop strategies for new donor acquisition and growth, including new donor onboarding.
- Oversees research of individual donor and capturing of prospect information.
- Collects and inputs donor and prospect information into donor database. Ensures accuracy of gift entry and reporting.
- Partners with Marketing Officer to assist in the creation of external content and collateral for the Development department, including but not limited to appeals, newsletters, social media, website, and invitations.
- Prepares department reports that include creating and utilizing analytics to inform decisions around donor engagement and giving.
- Works with Operations & Finance to ensure adherence to gift acceptance, accounting, and gift processing policies and procedures, and to fulfill information requests and maintain reporting accuracy.
- Collaborates with Grants Officer in proposal writing and presentation preparation as needed.
- Manages call sheet preparation and delivery for donor prospect meetings.
- Coordinates and manages the RenWest annual special event, including serving as the staff liaison to the Special Events Committee(s).
- Partners with Development team colleagues to secure corporate sponsorships as related to special events; this includes updating corporate sponsorship materials, in-kind (auction) strategy, sponsorship benefit levels and solicitation letters; and tracking sponsor contracts to ensure donor(s) receives all benefits.
- Collaborates with Board member volunteers to plan events and solicit auction items and experiences.
- Researches and investigates all venues for events; prepare event collateral material, plan event details, generate guest lists, coordinate leadership and staff, and follow through on event logistics and execution.
- Develops event budget and revenue targets and implements plans to meet event goals.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree, preferred degree in business, communications, marketing or related field and/or work experience in sales, development, customer service or marketing.
- Facility in utilizing technology.
- Minimum 3-5 years of Development experience in overseeing fundraising programs, including demonstrated success in individual giving, and special events fundraising and management.
- Experience in utilizing fundraising and data management systems and technology, including CRMs - (NXT), auction software, wealth screening, email distribution, and payment processing technologies.
- Experience with prospect identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
Skills and Abilities:
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Demonstrated ability to write clear and persuasive letters, copy and proposals.
- Excellent time management skills and a high degree of organization, careful attention to detail, ability to multitask, and to prioritize and manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Well-disciplined, self-motivated and goal-driven; able to work with a high degree of independence as well as part of a team.
- Ability to effectively identify, analyze and solve problems
- Self-starter, creative and passionate about this role and its impact on mission success.
- Ability to thrive in a complex and dynamic work environment.
- Professional maturity and a sense of humor.
- Driver's license and reliable transportation with flexibility for off-site travel as needed.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office software: Word, Excel, PowerPoint; and database, auction, and project management technologies.
- Proven success in identifying and soliciting funds from individuals from a variety of sources, and in developing relationships with donors.
- A record of measurable results in organizing and implementing such activities as annual gifts, special events, and P2P, text-to-give, and direct mail fundraising.
About Renaissance West Community Initiative:
To end intergenerational poverty through a holistic community revitalization effort.
Renaissance West serves as the community quarterback for a 1300+ resident neighborhood on West Boulevard, the previous site of one of Charlotte's most challenged public housing projects, Boulevard Homes. With Hope VI funding, Boulevard Homes was torn down and replaced with The Renaissance, an innovative neighborhood redevelopment initiative base on beautiful mixed-income housing, a cradle-to-career education continuum, and wraparound supportive services. Renaissance West is celebrating its 10th year of progress toward ending intergenerational poverty and is preparing for its next 10 years of success.
No calls, emails, or visits please. For immediate consideration, please formally apply online and provide a resume and cover letter.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned this job classification. They are not to be constructed as an all-inclusive list of all duties, skills, and responsibilities of people so assigned.
The Agency's policy is to provide equal opportunity in all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability or veteran status.
Children Family Services Center
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?