Intern, Advocacy Admin
Assists with essential duties at the Child Advocacy Center by providing direct support of front office operations by interacting with clients, Childhelp staff, partners, and other guests visiting the Center. This is a minimum 2-semester commitment.
This position does not have direct reports.
% of Time
- Learns about the central processes in an Advocacy Center
- Assists with coverage of reception, including checking in clients and answering phones
- Assists with front operations administrative duties, such as scanning and uploading forensic consent forms and entering new clients in the Childhelp electronic health records (EHR) system
- Supports Program Manager with completing specific reports
- Shadows the Mental Health Intake Coordinator and assists with screening children for therapy services
E 1, 4, 5
Supports Child Advocates/Office Assistants in the playroom/teen room:
- Monitoring children to ensure safety and security
- Interacts and engages with children, and facilitates1-1 and group activities
- Assists volunteers in maintaining a neat and organized play environment by performing light cleaning duties and assisting with tidying the toys
- Prepares meals for children visiting the Center
- Assists with toy, clothing, and backpack donations that are provided to children who visit the Center
E 1, 4, 5
- Performs other duties, as assigned by the Director and Supervisor
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Currently enrolled in an accredited academic college or university
- Possess CPR/First Aid Certification
- Must be 18 years of age
- Clear background fingerprint background screening through the Department of Justice, FBI and Child Abuse Index
- Strong verbal, written, and listening communication skills to include communicating clearly, effectively, tactfully, and patiently to a diverse population.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and positive professional demeanor appropriate to a child-friendly and family friendly atmosphere in a trauma-informed manner
- Proficient in the use of a PC; in a Windows environment; in the use of the Internet; and in the use of MS Office Applications such as Outlook, Word and Excel
- Ability to build rapport and garner trust with others
- Able to set guidelines and ensure security and safety of the children
- Ability to work cooperatively and professionally within a multidisciplinary environment
- Ability to handle a variety of tasks, effectively prioritize, and ensure follow-through
- Able to adapt to potential situations of crisis, and respond with appropriate interventions
- Able to maintain confidentiality of the children and families we serve
- Ability to understand and solve problems by applying basic analytical skills to include undertaking a process of information and data collection and analysis for integration purposes; Identifying and making sets of information and determining their relationships; codifying this data to detect trends and issues in the data and information in a logical and factual manner; making logical deductions from data; and identifying a solution for resolving the problem.
- Willingness and ability to embody Childhelp’s core values of Acting with Honor and Character, Being Open and Receptive, Caring About and Relating to Others; Nurturing Diverse Relationships; Performance Excellence; and Inspirational Leading & Managing
- Ability to frequently walk, bend, see, hear, speak, physically flexible, drive, stand; occasionally sit, push/pull stoop, lift up to 50 lbs., carry up to 25 lbs., run, kneel, squat, reach overhead; seldom climb.
- Employees may be exposed to children who may ask inappropriate personal questions, display socially unacceptable personal behaviors, insult your physical appearance, age, sex, and race, use profanity, sexually explicit phrases, exhibit defiance, dishonesty, threats, accusations, and theft, assaultive behaviors and self-destructive behaviors.
- One-year commitment
BusinessView All Childhelp Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.