- Posted: over a month ago
Make an Impact as an Eligibility Supervisor
You will work within Child Care Assistance a program of ChildCareGroup that manages child care subsidies in support of working parents, and quality initiatives to improve the early education for children throughout Dallas, Jefferson, Harden and Orange counties in Texas. You will oversee the process of eligibility and case management of work item requests to ensure positive employment outcomes and will be responsible for coaching and monitoring each employee to ensure that timelines, benchmarks, and performance standards are met and in accordance with federal, state, and local guidelines.
Why work for ChildCareGroup?
Founded in 1901, ChildCareGroup’s (CCG) mission is to champion a strong early childhood system that teaches children and parents, trains early childhood professionals, and assists families. ChildCareGroup believes that children do better as their parents do better. When families thrive, communities succeed.
ChildCareGroup offers a generous benefits package including Paid Parental Leave, (12) Company Holidays, 401(k) match, Paid Time Off, Medical, Dental, Vision and more!
You are a great fit for the role because you identify with the CCG SPIRIT, our core values:
SERVICE – Lead with a servant’s heart
PROFESSIONALISM – Perform our best every day
INTEGRITY – Do what is right
RESPECT – Treat each other the way we wish to be treated
INCLUSION – Value individual differences
TEAMWORK – Communicate and collaborate to achieve our goals
- Supervises the daily operations of work item processing and determines work schedules to ensure adequate coverage to meet or exceed the expected benchmarks.
- Supervises direct reports including Eligibility Specialists, and occasionally temporary employees.
- Actively participates in hiring, developing, and reviewing employees and their performance.
- Oversees Eligibility Specialists to maintain productivity standards, including motivating and encouraging staff.
- Ensures compliance with all CCG policies and procedures including but not limited to EEO/Affirmative Action, ADA, Conduct, Conflict of Interest, Solicitation and Safety and ensures all staff supervised complies with all CCG policies and procedures.
- Performs complex administrative duties requiring oversight, attention to detail and analysis.
- Analyzes workflow reports, to ensure the team is functioning on the highest level.
- Researches more advanced customer issues.
- Monitors performance measures to meet goals for delivery of service.
- Provides monthly monitoring of eligibility review, and work item processing to insure that benchmarks are met.
- Provides feedback on strengths and opportunities, as well as handle all performance related issues as required by CCG policy.
- Assesses team processes and implements improvement strategies when needed.
- Reports to senior management on team accomplishments, achievements, and productivity.
- Answers questions that Eligibility Specialists will have when processing work item requests.
- Assists and advises staff members in resolving problems and issues that arise with internal and external customers.
- Occasionally represents CCA at community educational fairs, conferences, parent seminars or orientations, other community agencies and provider meetings as assigned.
- Will be required to schedule staff to attend the required sessions as needed.
- Assists with special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Equivalent to graduation from a four-year college or university with major coursework related to the area of assignment and three years of experience within or related to the program assignment; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job as listed above
- Certified Workforce Professional preferred
- One or more years experience in a task lead or supervisory role
- Comprehensive working knowledge of non-profit, government, or workforce programs concepts, practices, and procedures
- Excellent customer service skills and two or more years in a customer service environment required
- Ability to handle pressure and work in a fast-paced atmosphere
- Positive attitude, excellent interpersonal and active listening skills
- Flexible and detail-oriented
- Ability to resolve complaints and problem solve successfully using resources
- Excellent computer and typing skills; proficiency in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel required
- Capacity to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Scheduling flexibility is required
- Able to work in a team environment and be a team player
- Possess efficient organizational and time management skills
- Must promote a positive work environment and have prompt and regular attendance
- Must have strong ethics and keep information in a strict confidential manner
Travel and Compliance Requirements
- Must have a valid Texas driver's license
- Driving record must comply with CCG's automobile insurance carrier requirements
- Must have liability insurance coverage and reliable personal transportation
- Ability to travel locally or out of town as required
- Mileage reimbursement is offered when applicable
- Must successfully meet all compliance background check requirements for federal funding throughout employment
In accordance with the applicable directives from the Federal government and the Office of Head Start regarding COVID-19 vaccine requirements, all CCG employees must be fully vaccinated by January 4, 2022.
ChildCareGroup’s Generous Health and Wellness Benefits
- Paid Parental Leave
- Short Term, Long Term Disability and Basic Life Insurance at no cost
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Telemedicine at no cost
- 401(k) with a company match
- Paid Time Off
- (13) Paid Company Holidays
- And more!
Become a part of the team that supports the education and assistance of over 50,000 lives per year in Texas!
ChildCareGroup is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
GovernmentView all jobs at ChildCareGroup
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?