Outreach Specialist - Family Center Community Outreach Program (Hilo)
- Posted: over a month ago
Established in 1899, Child & Family Service (CFS) is a community-based organization with a mission of strengthening families and fostering the healthy development children. CFS has been a fierce advocate for children and families in the midst of social injustices and inequalities. Our statewide support, counseling, and therapeutic programs help individuals and families heal from trauma, prevent abuse and neglect, and can break the cycle of generational poverty.
Strengthening families and fostering the healthy development of children.
Healthy, thriving individuals and families building strong, multi-cultural communities across generations.
Integrity, Quality Client Service, Employee Excellence, Teamwork and Communication
We offer an extensive array of benefits for our employee including paid time off, preventative health care paid time off, birthday floating holiday, volunteer floating holiday, 14 Paid Holidays in a Year (15 in an Election Year), Medical/Dental/Vision/RX plans, Opt-out incentive, 401(k), flexible spending plans, & more.
Come join Child & Family Service and help us serve thousands in our communities!
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
The Outreach Specialist will be primarily responsible for conducting community outreach and screening for trauma and/or mental health concerns. Information and referral services and linkages will be provided where appropriate. Informal lay counseling may be provided based on needs identified. Priority will be placed on individuals and families who have experienced trauma due to a natural disaster.
NOTE: THIS POSITION IS PART-TIME STATUS (TSN), LESS THAN 20 HOURS PER WEEK.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
- High school, plus additional courses or specialized training at business or community college, or other formal training facility or program. Requires ability to understand and carry out assigned duties effectively. Knowledge needed such as stenography, office routines, elementary accounting procedures; operation of equipment such as bookkeeping and billing machines, tabulating equipment, transcription machines.
- Over one year, up to and including two years, with at least one year experience providing direct care to children and adolescents.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Knowledge of trauma-informed care and trauma-informed crisis response and stabilization
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with people of diverse social, economic, ethnic/racial and cultural backgrounds.
- Experience in responding to natural disasters and working with survivors in crisis preferred.
- Flexible work schedule to promote accessibility to service.
OTHER POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- This job requires a valid Hawaii driver's license, a clear driver's abstract, and use of agency vehicle to transport clients, as needed, as well as a willingness to travel in personal vehicle on an as-needed basis throughout the island.
- This position is subject to a criminal background investigation and continued employment is contingent on a record clear of convictions.
- Continued employment in this position is contingent on successful completion of CPI classes OR other Behavioral Management certification as may be contract-mandated.
- Continued employment in this position is contingent on successful completion of CPR, First Aid, AED classes.
Child and Family Service
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?