Child and Family Psychological Services, PLLC (CFPS) was established in 1994 and is a leading innovative behavioral health services provider. We have successfully maintained a positive work environment and excellent employee relations and loyalty. CFPS currently employees 220+ individuals and contracts with other service providers and is rapidly growing. We have a strong commitment to a positive working environment. We are a strong business with expanding administrative needs.
This position requires presence in one of the company’s offices in Weymouth, Norwood, Lexington, Northborough, Canton or Quincy on a regular basis as follows: Monday through Friday. The office selection will depend on you. Please let us know which location you would be most interested in when you apply. Some travel between offices from time to time with notice, may be necessary for meetings, workshops or training.
- This position is Full Time (40 hours per week)
- Includes a few evening and weekend workshops/training/events a year.
- Mid-month and End of month deadlines may require working extra hours, including Saturdays
This position is a "team" position that has the best interest of the entire practice as the primary goal but includes responsibility for on-site coordination of Billing that is consistent and coordinated with our system-wide operations.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Pre-authorization of healthcare benefits and update to same
- Patient account data entry and maintenance
- Eligibility and Benefit Verification
- Supporting clinical staff in coding and medical billing process
- Respond to billing inquiries from patients and other staff
- Scan checks into automated bank deposit system
- Process charges through AdvancedMD Practice Management System
- Process Electronic Remittance and reconcile payments that need to be posted in our former system (HELPER) or belonging to an associate practice.
- Generate, review, and send patient bills and insurance claims
- Run credit card payments through the Virtual Terminal of Open Edge or from patient accounts
- Post payments received at the CFPS Lock Box
- Daily financial reconciliation.
- Research and effectively resolve claim and statement issues through knowledge of medical billing practices. Document actions taken and communicate results.
- Analyze outstanding account balances and determine plan of action to resolve.
- Collection/Follow up on outstanding accounts.
- Make payment plan arrangements for patients experiencing financial difficulty.
- Cross training within Billing department
- Other support and duties within the practice as needed.
Job requires strict compliance with all company policies and procedures including but not limited to all state and federally mandate patient privacy laws and regulations (E.g. HIPAA).
Job requires maintaining respectful and polite professional relationships with patients consistent with reasonable expectations for a behavioral health practice.
Essential functions are subject to change from time to time as needed
Skills and Qualifications:
- Must possess strong, professional verbal and written communication skills. Proper phone etiquette.
- Ability to exercise courtesy, tact and sensitivity with team members and clients, even when faced with difficult situations.
- Commitment to privacy and confidentiality regarding patient data.
- Must be able to work independently but also work well in a team environment
- Visibility requires maintaining a professional appearance and providing a positive company image to the public consistent with company policies.
- Experience and competence executing health care patient finances.
- Experience in communications with insurance companies and patients that may require “patience”
- Success in collecting outstanding accounts with sensitivity to patient vulnerabilities
- Experience with Electronic Claims and Electronic Remittance desired
- Experience with On line Provider tools relative to insurance carrier coverage and claim processing
- Knowledge and experience with AdvancedMD Practice Management System a plus
Education & Training
- High school diploma required
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in health care billing/finance setting.
- Minimum of 1 year customer service experience in a healthcare setting.
- Knowledge and experience using Microsoft Office preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and climb or balance. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Benefits may include:
· Paid time off
· Health, Dental & Vision Plans
· FSA/DCA & HSA plans
· 401K with employer contribution,
Job Type: Full-time
- The employee is regularly required to perform their job within an office environment.
Child and Family Psychological Services consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.