Senior Full Stack Developer - Web
- Posted: over a month ago
- $147,000 to $177,000 Yearly
The Child Mind Institute (CMI) is recruiting a Senior Full-Stack Developer specializing in the development of web applications that are strongly integrated with mobile applications. We are mental health researchers and clinicians building a video journaling app driven by an augmented reality experience that uses cutting-edge computer vision technology. The web application that you design and develop will allow mobile app users to share and discuss their mental health journal content with mental health clinicians - a crucial component of our product's value.
The Senior Full-Stack Developer will help CMI, through its partnership with California’s Department of Health Care Services (DHCS), leverage augmented reality (AR), biometrics, response monitoring, and engagement activities to support four objectives that will expand the capabilities of the Children and Youth Behavioral Health Initiative (CYBHI) virtual services and e-Consult platform. Full-stack developers will be required to drive a project from conception to final product, requiring good organizational skills and attention to detail.
Reporting to the Deputy Director of Research, this is an exempt, full-time position located in New York.
The Child Mind Institute is proud to be named a Great Place to Work-Certified company! Our competitive compensation and benefits include medical insurance, 401(k), paid parental leave, dependent care, and flexible work schedules, paid parental leave, dependent care and discounted tickets and entertainment perks programs. For more information about our benefits, please visit our employee benefits website.
- Develop a front-end web application architecture.
- Collaborate with a mobile back-end developer to design and develop user account and management functionality, including sync with AR mobile application user accounts.
- Collaborate with a mobile back-end developer to design and develop a simple chat messaging feature allowing a user logged into the mobile app to chat with a user logged into the web application.
- Collaborate with a mobile back-end developer to design and develop a video and audio streaming feature allowing a user logged into the web application to remotely view stored video, audio and text shared with them by an AR mobile app user.
- Lead production of web application prototypes for testing, demonstration and iterative development.
- Work alongside graphic designers for web design features.
- See through a project from conception to finished product.
- Design and develop APIs.
- Meet both technical and consumer needs.
- Stay abreast of developments in web applications and programming languages.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree.
- 3+ years of professional experience designing, developing, and releasing high-quality software both within scope and on time.
- Strong proficiency in production-level coding with a general-purpose language like Python.
- Proficiency in SQL and familiarity with relational and NoSQL database technologies.
- Experience working in AWS, GCP, or similar cloud hosting solutions.
- Experience in the development and execution of ETL or ETL pipelines.
- Broad knowledge and application of healthy code practices and CI/CD paradigms with Git/Github.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with both technical and non-technical stakeholders and interfacing with other teams.
- Comfortable in a startup, wearing multiple hats while staying focused on the most important deliverables.
- Interested in designing efficient and scalable systems with many moving pieces.
- Experience in DevOps of cloud infrastructure is a plus.
With the above said, we always encourage people of all backgrounds and experiences to apply. We understand that job listings don't always allow your unique work history to shine so we invite you to show us what you know!
Please upload your CV during the application process.
All new hires must be vaccinated and must stay up to date with vaccines against the COVID-19 virus unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability. If you are offered employment with CMI, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation for exemption is received and approved by CMI.
The Child Mind Institute is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment based on race, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, sex/gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sex stereotype, gender identity/gender expression/transgender (including whether or not you are transitioning or have transitioned) and sexual orientation; national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver's license issued to persons unable to prove their presence in the United States is authorized under federal law [Vehicle Code section 12801.9]); ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information/characteristics, marital status/registered domestic partner status, age (40 and over), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation.
Child Mind Institute
AddressNew York, NY
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?