High School Math Teacher
Chief of Minds Baton Rouge, LA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Our clients are looking to hire High School Math Teachers for the 2021-2022 school year. The ideal educator will have experience in teaching high school math. Our client does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex or disability, in admission or access to, or treatment of employment in its programs and activities.
- Experience: Experience in Math or have content knowledge
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year educational institution
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred
- Licenses or Certifications: State certification preferred but not required
- Familiar with LEAP 2025 and/or testing preferred
- Implement state learning standards and school curricula and assessments to meet ambitious academic expectations
- Learn, master, and deliver content and grade level curriculum, core content objectives, and texts
- Submit weekly lesson plans two weeks in advance for feedback
- Implement formal and informal assessments to track each individual student’s progress and learning needs, adjust lesson plans accordingly and update gradebook weekly
- Communicate students’ progress with student and family on a weekly basis
- Effective facilitation and personal use of technology as a communication and educational tool to improve student achievement and manage work related tasks.
- Implement a clear and consistent behavior management system that aligns to campus- wide initiatives while developing students’ character and sense of community in the classroom
- Help shape and develop a school wide culture that fosters a productive and enthusiastic learning environment for each student
- Establish and maintain a cooperative working relationship with students and families based on trust, understanding and respect for the communities in which they identify.
- Host necessary tutoring sessions to meet all students’ needs
- Participate in weekly manager check-ins, grade-level meetings, before and after-school duties, and school wide meetings and functions
- Engage in summer and year-long district, school and personal learning and development
- Minimum of 40+ hours spent at school per week
- Additional responsibilities may include: after-school tutoring or Saturday school and are based on the needs of our scholars
Chief of Minds
AddressBaton Rouge, LA
EducationView all jobs at Chief of Minds