Certified Public Accountant
Chief of Minds Baton Rouge, LA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Our charter school client is seeking a contractual relationship with a CPA. The ideal candidate will have experience in public school accounting, especially with charter schools. The CPA should be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and flexible, as needed.
Examine, analyze, and interpret accounting records to prepare financial statements, give advice, or audit and evaluate statements prepared by others. Install or advise on systems of recording costs or other financial and budgetary data.
The CPA shall:
- Have a minimum of five (5) years experience in the school environment; Charter school experience is preferred
- Maintain own liability and /or “omissions of error” Insurance policy(s)
- Be a financial advisor to the Board and report to the Board as to all financial matters of the school
- Shall have full access to business and financial staff of school as relates to any reporting requirements
- Be responsible for all state and financial reporting with specific emphasis on non-profit and charter school financial reports to the state, the La. Department of Education, and/or federal agencies
- Shall cooperate fully with Chief Education Officer (Superintendent) of the school understanding that competent, accurate, and efficient accounting procedures and the continual funding of the school is the CPA’s main mission
- Knowledge and experience with existing accounting software is a plus but not mandatory
- Cooperate with health and retirement advisors as to when and how it affects the school’s budget
- Shall advise Board and Superintendent of school as to funding, purchase and financial affairs for Board properties
*This client is willing to work with the ideal candidate. Full-time placement will include a complete and comprehensive benefits package. Part-time placement will require 2 to 3 days onsite.
Chief of Minds
AddressBaton Rouge, LA
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Chief of Minds