The Front Counter Manager In-Training for Chick-fil-A Cross Pointe is responsible for all operational activities related to the Front of the House by fulfilling dine-in, carry-out, mobile, drive-thru, catering and off-site sales. The Front Counter Manager In-Training is prepared to execute excellence across the full spectrum of daily operational activities at strategic, operational and tactical levels. The Front Counter Manager In-Training reports directly to the Operator and Partners to aid in the development of all other leaders on the leadership Team. The Front Counter Manager In-Training sets the standard for Operational Excellence in the front of the house and leads by example while mentoring and growing the entire Team.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 - $18.00 hourly/based experience
- Paid Vacation
- Health insurance
- 401K Retirement benefits
- Employee meals
- Flexible schedules
- Sundays off
- Uniform stipend
- Professional development
- Fun Team environment
- Leads and oversees the coordination of all aspects of Front of House operations
- Drives financial performance and provides feedback to leadership; suggests operational actions required to achieve financial targets
- Effective communication of vision, weekly events and key elements of business plan
- Reviews monthly Incremental Profit Opportunity and works with leadership team to improve where needed
- Oversees and empowers the Front of House Team Members to create systems for sales growth, order accuracy, staff development and equipment maintenance
- Actively creates systems which create REMARKable guest experience in and out of the restaurant
- Institutes and implements exceptional operational systems and processes
- Able to develop individual team members through training plans, one on one coaching, large scale group training, and disciplinary measures.
- Able to create and execute leadership meetings and agendas.
- 2-year Higher Education Degree or beyond
- 2+ years of experience leading a large team (we will have 35-45 people working at any given time)
- 40-50 Hours a week availability
- Saturday availability
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience as a leader in a customer service industry
- Available to work 3 evenings per week
- ServSafe Certified (preferred)
Day In The Life/Schedule
- Monday- Saturday availability | 40-50 hours/week | Sunday and one additional day off each week.
- Time Expectations: During the initial phase (4-6 weeks), the new team member will learn every position in the restaurant and work alongside team members. This individual will spend approximately 30-35 hours/week on shift and 5-10 hours/week off shift to focus on leadership level responsibilities—developing team members, planning strategy, attending leadership meetings, etc.
- Overview: You will spend each day thinking for and leading a multi-million-dollar business. You will push team members to be their best while delivering excellent customer service. You will wear multiple hats and have your hand in Innovation & Strategy, Vision, Accountability, Goal Setting, Employee Training & Development, Reviews, Scheduling, Ordering, Inventory, and Budgeting.
The work area includes: food, ovens, mixers, food processors, knives, slippery floors, and, at time, high temperatures. It is a hands-on, non-smoking, restaurant setting involving constant interaction with customers, employees, managers and vendors. The ability to effectively communicate, identify food quality, tolerate heat and walk-in freezers, lift and/or maneuver up to 50 pounds, and stand/walk on hard surfaces during the course of the work day. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; extreme cold (non-weather) and extreme heat (non-weather). The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to handle or feel. The employee is frequently required to taste and/or smell. The employee is required to sit; grip and grasp with hands, reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and bend at the waist. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.