New Market Tax Credit Sale Director
- Expired: January 08, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Must Live in Arizona, Nevada or Texas
Effective January 3, 2022, all CPLC Employees and all Service Providers, are required to be Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19. Newly hired employees, who are not Fully Vaccinated at the time of hire, are expected to begin a vaccination series immediately upon hire. CPLC recognizes medical and religious exemptions to the COVID-19 vaccination requirement, in accordance with applicable law and upon approval by CPLC. However, any person approved for an exemption, without exception, is subject to masking, weekly COVID-19 testing at their expense, and other requirements established by CPLC from time to time.
The NMTC Business Development Officer is responsible for developing strategies to originate Prestamos NMTC programs including outreach, engagement and lending in the marketplace. Calls on and develops a referral network with state and local economic development leaders and planners, local officials, and other key stakeholders, business bankers, commercial real estate brokers, business brokers, business/professional associations, accountants, lawyers, etc. to solicit loan opportunities. Presents the company's loan capabilities, structures complex loan proposals, completes initial underwriting and prepares credit package including internal borrower history and loan request. Build Prestamos portfolio by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing business relationships.
- Must maintain a demonstrated understanding of New Markets Tax Credit loan underwriting structures, pricing and processes as they relate to the funding of equity equivalent and small business loans for non-real estate, owner occupied and third-party tenanted structures with both for-profit and non-profit businesses
- Must have thorough knowledge of financial accounting theory and logic, loan structuring.
- Must be able to communicate information and concepts clearly, both orally and in writing; ability to interpret and discuss analytical data.
- Technical skills should include proficiency in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel in particular) as well as a familiarity with Microsoft Outlook, loan processing software systems.
- NMTC Lending, SBA, USDA and Business Development experience.
- Highly developed interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated skills in social media networking and promotion of business brand
- Understanding of asset management process, compliance with investor and federal quarterly and semi-annual reporting; loan servicing and collateral oversight
- Experience with site visits, stakeholder interviews and participation in public meetings
- Strong presentation and webinar skills
- Demonstrated sales performance.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) - preferred
- Closing Skills, Motivation for Sales, Prospecting Skills, Sales Planning, Selling to Customer Needs, Market Knowledge, Energy Level, Meeting Sales Goals, Professionalism
- Audit, Financial Skills, Financial Software, Customer Service, Thoroughness, Confidentiality, Analyzing Information , Decision Making, Verbal Communication, Quality Focus
- Candidate should possess a minimum of 2+ years of commercial lending/analytical or related experience in commercial underwriting and portfolio management a diverse loan portfolio and possesses a clear understanding of all underwriting guidelines.
- Candidate should possess a minimum of 18 months direct NMTC origination and underwriting experience.
- Candidate should possess a minimum of a Bachelors Degree in finance, management or comparable business administration or related discipline, or combination of education and experience.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND COMPETENCIES
- Attracts new NMTC applications by developing relationships within the community, specifically with the real estate community; making sales calls to prospective NMTC borrowers.
- Assist potential borrowers in understanding the requirements of the intake form.
- Work with community stakeholders and/or other social mission oriented entities to develop opportunities to enrich the low-income community's knowledge of the program and other economic development tools to support the community's economic development goals.
- Directly engage with network to provide one-on-one support to businesses and stakeholders that can lead to new intake opportunities and support stronger pipeline flow
- Assist clients, both walk-in and telephone, to flow opportunities that are not NMTC aligned to other potential funding within the CDFI
- Screens NMTC applications for completeness prior to submitting to the Loan Underwriter.
- Assists staff with NMTC intake research for NMTC requests.
- Coordinates technical assistance programs as offered by Prestamos to potential and existing clients
- Oversee sale team in different markets, set goal and over see production
- Work closely with the Senior Credit Officer
- Conducts NMTC closing - if intended
- Accomplishes Prestamos mission by completing related results.
- Assist with special projects as requested;
- Community participation during and/or after work hours as needed.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
INDIVIDUAL CONTRIBUTOR COMPETENCIES:
- Goal-Oriented - Proceeds with projects and programs while constantly keeping the goal in mind. Translates general goals into practical achievable objectives. Identifies outcomes that are attainable, measurable, specific and time-focused. Measures progress toward goals. Revises goals based on available resources or priority changes.
- Decision Making and Problem Solving -Makes decisions in a timely manner, uses a mixture of analysis, experience and judgment to solve difficult problems with effective solutions.
- Informing and Communicating - Proactively communicates information to colleagues up, down and across the organization, provides updates on projects, tasks and potential roadblocks.
- Planning - Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and projects and sets objectives and goals
- Time Management - Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates his/her efforts on important priorities and completes tasks and/or projects on time.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to interpret and discuss analytical data
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to present operational information to personnel at all levels.
- Ability to identify and recruit potential funding sources.
- Ability to work well as a team member
- Ability to juggle several tasks and prioritize
- Ability to travel statewide as needed
- Community participation during and/or after work hours as needed
Full Job Description Attached.
Chicanos Por La Causa
BusinessView all jobs at Chicanos Por La Causa
Get fresh Community Tax jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.