Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc Phoenix, AZ
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Location: Yuma, AZPRIMARY FUNCTIONS
Under the direction and guidance of the Cook or Center Service Manager, the Cook Assistant is responsible for assisting with the provision of Early Childhood Development (ECD) center-based food services including, but not limited to, food preparation, service, and clean-up activities. The Cook Assistant ensures the center is in compliance with all appropriate local, state, and federal regulations pertaining to the Food Services component, including USDA guidelines. Promotes school readiness by preparing children and families for school and life success, as it relates to this position. Actively supervise children by sight and sound at all times and in all environments. Maintains all health and safety regulations to create an optimum learning environment. Facilitates health practices to keep children safe in the school bus, outdoor and indoor environments.
Initial employment physical, TB test or chest X-ray, Tdap vaccination, a valid Arizona Driver's License and vehicle insurance are required. Must pass a criminal background check to include a Child Abuse and Neglect register check and obtain a level one fingerprint clearance card. Must have and maintain current Food Handler’s Card.
High School Diploma/GED is required and one year experience assisting with food preparation, inventory, and purchasing in educational/institutional programs preferred. Applicant must be able to communicate effectively with children, parents, and all ECD staff.JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND COMPETENCIES
- Assist with the coordination of center-based food service activities.
- Responsible for food service sanitation, including food preparation and cleaning following the meal service.
- Assist the Cook and other staff to ensure Center Food Services complies with all appropriate State and Federal regulations in accordance with Head Start Program Performance Standards and Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) guidelines.
- Perform administrative duties, which include but are not limited to menu planning, menu addendum/substitutions, completing menu production worksheets, completing time distribution report, etc.
- Assistwith planning, preparing, purchasing and serving of meals in the center.
- Assist with food service delivery in a safe, healthy and timely manner with minimal disruption to the classroom.
- Assist with food preparation for field trips and meals/snacks for children with special dietary needs.
- Assist other center staff in nutrition activities.
- Assist in preparation for local/state inspections.
- Participate, whenever needed, in the Individual Nutrition Plan (INP) meetings to ensure menu modifications are followed.
- Assist in maintaining and updating the board posting on kitchen board of children with special diets.
- Participate in team meetings, required in-services, pre-services and other trainings.
- Communicate and work effectively with other staff members.
- Maintain confidentiality in administrative and programmatic matters.
- Demonstrate awareness and sensitivity to cultural issues and community practices of low income and at risk families, including dual language speakers.
- Perform other duties as requested by immediate supervisor necessary to carry out the administrative/programmatic activities to fulfill the goals and objectives of CPLC ECD.
- Participate in the Farm to School initiative and or other events as needed
- In the event of a pandemic or unsafe situation, as declared by the Governor of Arizona, U.S. Government, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) or the World Health Organization, which makes performance of services impossible or unsafe, service, may be subject to modifications based on (CDC) & State guidelines.
- Ensure quality of data is secure and entered on applicable forms and/or computer databases (spreadsheets, etc.) for tracking/monitoring data.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee frequently is required to sit and use hands along with fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, bending at the waist crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Applicant must be able to travel (in state/out of state) as needed and be able to work as part of a team.
Employee will be expected to participate in continuous learning, competency building and maintenance of competency skills.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
Work is performed in structured environments. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Reports to and is supervised directly by the Center Service Manager. Employee is also accountable for understanding and complying with CPLC policies and procedures.
Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc
FoodView all jobs at Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc