Under general supervision, provides direct and indirect, covered services and treatment for individual and group therapy, coordinates with community supports and stakeholders. Responsible for managing appointment schedule, assigned caseload, and conducting assessments, implementing treatment plans, facilitating both in-office and out-of-office services (including groups and individual therapy), performing crisis services when needed, and participating in ongoing learning experiences and treatment team consultation and coordination.
• Master's degree in a behavioral health related field.
• Knowledge and understanding in general mental health, substance abuse, co-occurring disorders, and serious mental illness.
• Possess a valid driver's license and ability to be insured under automobile insurance policy.
• Able to work a flexible schedule as needed per program requirements.
• Must successfully complete the agency's orientation and demonstrate competence regarding skills and knowledge per R9-20-204.
• Have basic typing/computer skills.
• Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Have good organization and time management skills.
• Ability to obtain CPR and First Aid certification.
• Bilingual language skills in English/Spanish and as appropriate to population served preferred.
• License required (LAC, LPC, LMSW, LCSW, LAMFT, or LMFT)
• Must be 21 years of age.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND COMPETENCIES
• Participate in a multi-disciplinary team in providing treatment for clients.
o To communicate with and coordinate services with other treatment providers when appropriate.
o To attend and actively participate in team meetings.
o To schedule staffing for primary clients, as needed.
• Manage and monitor individually assigned caseloads.
o Maintains personal contact with client/families and not exceeding 30 days.
o Accurately documents progress notes same day as service, not to exceed 24 hours; crisis documentation completed same day as service.
o Follow-up to service commitments, engagement, re-engagement for missed appointments, letters of intent, welfare checks, and appropriate discharge functions completed within required time periods.
o Maintains and monitors caseload statistical information, including presenting issues, length of stay, and outcome measures when assigned.
• Educate adult individuals and their families.
o Ability to demonstrate education and verbalization of information in a culturally competent and sensitive manner.
o Working knowledge of lifespan development.
o Working knowledge of harm reduction models.
o Ability to provide illness self-management education for initial, ongoing and discharge transitions.
• Performs Clinical Record Reviews.
o Understanding of all licensing, regulatory and agency guidelines.
o Document significant information in each file in a clear and timely manner.
o Provides appropriate feedback.
• Assist in working with clients with medication and case management services.
o Consults and coordinates with prescriber, prescriber liaison, laboratories, medical providers, pharmacies, and assists with eligibility and access to prescription services when needed.
o Consults on initial and ongoing psychiatric evaluation requests.
• Achieve assigned weekly/monthly productivity expectations.
o Know and match individually assigned productivity value amounts on a weekly basis, as set for the position, throughout the fiscal year.
o Monitor appropriate productivity needs, variables, and opportunities.
• Provide individual/family counseling and are able to facilitate groups. Engage consumers, their families, and their community supports in treatment, provide illness self-management education, and coordinate services with referral sources and discharge planning.
o Coordinates and conducts group functions and facilitates cohesiveness in its entirety that
demonstrate improvement in a client's/family's symptom and functioning level.
o Conducts home visits, other community-based services, as needed and requested by client and/or family.
o Demonstrates ability to de-escalate and de-brief disruptions to group and /or family content and process.
o Ability to assist clients to learn skills required to successfully engender psychological stability and personal independence.
• Works with individual that present with a range of behavioral health presentations, including co-occurring disorders.
o Recognize symptoms to the full and broad range of DSM diagnoses.
o Ability to provide routine, urgent, and emergent interventions.
o Application and integration of American Society of Addiction Medicine criteria in service planning and implementation.
o Ability to apply motivational enhancement, stages of change, family systems, and appropriate family communication process.
o Ability to understand and screen for serious mental illness, and complete requests for determination.
• Responsible for maintaining and coordinating service plan development and updates, when applicable.
o Integrate needs identified in assessment with service plan development and review.
o Evidence of client participation in service plan development.
o Evidence of stakeholder participation in service plan development.
o Accurate and timely completion of service plan/review.
• Performs comprehensive intake and ongoing assessments.
o Accurate documents the assessment service, including assessment tools and progress notation.
o Assessment information includes individual and family voice and participation, informed consent, and integrated into initial and ongoing treatment planning.
o Conducts ongoing assessment, documents functional and symptomatic improvement, cultural values, crisis planning, functional family assessment, and addenda.
• Facilitate and coordinate group therapy process.
o Able to promote individual/family culture.
o Knowledge and ability to effectively engage adults in process and maintain safety and cohesiveness.
o Knowledge and understanding of group therapy models and stages
o Utilizes informed consent in interventions, understands and is able to apply the value and limitation of didactic approaches.
o Collaborates, coordinates, and consults with other involved service providers and treatment team members.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.