- Expired: September 16, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Effective January 3, 2022, all CPLC Employees and all Service Providers, are required to be Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19. Newly hired employees, who are not Fully Vaccinated at the time of hire, are expected to begin a vaccination series immediately upon hire. CPLC recognizes medical and religious exemptions to the COVID-19 vaccination requirement, in accordance with applicable law and upon approval by CPLC. However, any person approved for an exemption, without exception, is subject to masking, weekly COVID-19 testing at their expense, and other requirements established by CPLC from time to time.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for all tasks and support in all matters related to the operation and administration of Rural Development Division. The individual will work with sensitive client information and must be highly responsible to maintain confidentiality and manage multiple projects. The candidate must demonstrate tact, maturity, and promptness. Organizational skills are essential as is the ability to prioritize heavy workloads. The Administrative Assistant must possess the ability to problem solve, demonstrate initiative, and effectively work under pressure.
Knowledge of general office procedures
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish required
- Prioritize and execute special projects with limited guidance, anticipating next steps, taking initiative, exercising discretion and sound judgment and being sensitive to deadlines
- Provide administrative support including coordinating meetings and events, producing written correspondence, producing reports using Excel, PowerPoint, and other Microsoft applications, ordering supplies, file maintenance, etc.
- Ability to handle confidential business matters
High school diploma or GED equivalent. A minimum of one year experience in office work, experience in providing customer service to public; or any combination of training and or experience which indicates the ability to perform the required duties.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND COMPETENCIES
- Provide daily administrative support
- Daily interaction with internal and external business partners over the phone or in person.
- Draft, edit and proofread correspondence and reports
- Screen, distribute, and prioritize incoming correspondence.
- Arrange meeting and conferences
- Coordinated meetings, prepare agenda
- Answers telephone calls, relay messages, and respond to inquiries
- Prepares check requests
- Establish and maintain filing system
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Utilization of computer skills, Microsoft applications and other applications as needed (training available for specialized applications)
- Intake for all Rural Development Program
- Manage fingerprinting program
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying requirements; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing reports; advising management on needed actions.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing. Able to present operational information to personnel at all levels.
Employee will be expected to participate in continuous learning, competency building and maintenance of competency skills.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
Work is performed in structured environments.
Reports to and is supervised directly by the Rural Development Director. Employee is also accountable for understanding and complying with CPLC policies and procedures
Chicanos Por La Causa Inc
BusinessView all jobs at Chicanos Por La Causa Inc
Get fresh Part Time January jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.