Work Location: Nogales, AZ
The Administrative Assistant/Self-Help Bookkeeper is responsible for all tasks and support in all matters related to the operation and administration of Rural Development Division. The individual will work with sensitive client information and must be highly responsible to maintain confidentiality and manage multiple projects. The candidate must demonstrate tact, maturity, and promptness. Organizational skills are essential as is the ability to prioritize heavy workloads. The Administrative Assistant must possess the ability to problem solve, demonstrate initiative and effectively work under pressure. Provides bookkeeping support to the Self-Help housing program by maintaining records of financial transactions by establishing accounts; posting transactions. Maintains subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions. Balances subsidiary accounts by reconciling entries
- Knowledge of general office procedures
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish required
- Prioritize and execute special projects with limited guidance, anticipating next steps, taking initiative, exercising discretion and sound judgment and being sensitive to deadlines
- Provide administrative support including coordinating meetings and events, producing written correspondence, producing reports using Excel, PowerPoint, and other Microsoft applications, ordering supplies, file maintenance, etc.
- Ability to handle confidential business matters
High school diploma or GED equivalent. A minimum of one year experience in office work, experience in providing customer service to public; or any combination of training and or experience which indicates the ability to perform the required duties.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND COMPETENCIES
- Provide daily administrative support
- Daily interaction with internal and external business partners over the phone or in person.
- Draft, edit and proofread correspondence and reports
- Screen, distribute, and prioritize incoming correspondence.
- Arrange meeting and conferences
- Coordinated meetings, prepare agenda
- Answers telephone calls, relay messages, and respond to inquiries
- Prepares check requests
- Establish and maintain filing system
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Utilization of computer skills, Microsoft applications and other applications as needed (training available for specialized applications)
- Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary account summaries.
- Balances general ledger by preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries.
- Maintains historical records by filing documents.
- Prepares financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying requirements; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing reports; advising management on needed actions.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing. Able to present operational information to personnel at all levels.
Employee will be expected to participate in continuous learning, competency building and maintenance of competency skills.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
Work is performed in structured environments.
Reports to and is supervised directly by the Rural Development Director. Employee is also accountable for understanding and complying with CPLC policies and procedures.
Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc
Why Work Here?The right candidate will also be highly aligned to our overall organizational culture as well as the ability to work seamlessly within the team. What can you expect? Making a difference in our community, opportunities to grow and learn with the organization/team, and the feeling of family which is core to our culture.
CPLC for a chance to change the world!