A leading Vein & Cosmetic practice in Chicago (northside and downtown locations) is seeking a talented, well-rounded candidate to work as an Administrative/Practice Assistant. This pivotal position requires someone who is responsible and has the ability to juggle multiple projects at the same time. This position performs administrative duties for patients in a timely manner and provides support services for physicians.
Administrative/Practice Assistant will report directly to the operations manager. Duties will include performing both short term and long-term administrative assignments to meet the needs of a growing practice.
- Assist in day to day operations (taking referrals, assembling patient records, collecting patient payments, posting payments on-line, and auditing patient charts)
- Respond to patient and family calls, questions or messages immediately and communicates to a clinician and/or staff member as necessary
- Ensure the patient demographics and insurance information is up to date
- Provide patients with educational materials as indicated by practitioner
- Monitor the general reception and medical services area, greet patients, staff, and visitors appropriately and professionally
- Support the day to day office services operations related to contact with clients, public, clinical staff and administrative departments of the clinic
- Ensure the timeliness of record maintenance
- Provide administrative support for physician services including scheduling, auditing and preparing charts.
- Process incoming and outgoing mail and distributes on a daily basis
- Provide coverage for agency Office Services as needed at the direction of the Operations Manager
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
Desired Requirements and Qualifications
- 1 year+ administrative experience
- Previous healthcare experience preferred
- Associate degree or equivalent experience
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and project deadlines
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Ability work with minimum supervision
- Team Player
- Flexible to work in a fast pace environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and POS Systems.
Compensation-competitive and based on experience. Benefits included 401k, medical and dental insurance (shared premium), paid vacation, complimentary and discounted products, and services.