Brand Marketing Manager
- Posted: over a month ago
- $60,000 to $70,000 Yearly
JOB TITLE: Brand Marketing Manager
FLSA STATUS: Exempt - Administrative
The Brand Marketing Manager generates and maintains brand awareness for the Chicago History Museum and develops comprehensive omni-channel marketing strategies for the Museum’s exhibitions, programs, and products. They manage the Museum's brand and all promotional activities for Chicago History Museum products including general admission, exhibitions, programs and events, digital programs, corporate and event space rental, rights & reproductions, and institutional advancement.
The Brand Marketing Manager develops marketing plans, content, and creative assets for all advertising, web, social media, brochures, collateral, etc. Manages external vendor relationships with graphic design partners, digital marketing agency, and paid media representatives. The Brand Marketing Manager will be responsible for reviewing all internal and external communications to ensure brand consistency.
Strategic Marketing Communication Planning
- Working with the Vice President, Marketing and Communications, develops strategic communications efforts for the Museum.
- Creates and executes marketing plans for the Museum’s products and services.
- Alongside the Digital Content Producer and Public Communications Manager, leads the cross-departmental social media team to ensure content is in alignment with the strategic marketing plan.
- Ensures that the Museum’s brand identity and tone of voice are appropriately applied across all internal and external communications.
- Leads creative project management for all print, email, social, influencer, and search campaigns.
- Manages development of internal Museum materials including; Museum map, brochures, print materials, stationery, Museum signage, email signatures.
Digital Marketing Communications
- Develops and implements comprehensive digital marketing communications plans.
- Collaborates with Digital Content Producer to develop digital marketing content including copy, artwork, video, and audio.
- Manages external digital marketing agency to manage Google Ads grant and paid social media campaigns.
- Email campaign development, formatting and scheduling and maintain contact lists and information in the Museum's CRM system, HubSpot.
- Maintains the Museum’s website and events calendar.
- Other duties as assigned.
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS: This position is a key member of the communications team and works collaboratively with the Digital Content Producer and Public Communications Manager to develop social media content calendars. They regularly work with members of the collections, curatorial, education, public programming, special events and institutional advancement teams to develop marketing assets to support the Museum’s efforts in each of these areas.
The Museum expects all employees to contribute to and promote a positive culture and collegial atmosphere at CHM in three main ways.
1. Embracing the CHM’s mission to share Chicago’s stories, serving as a hub of scholarship and learning, inspiration and civic engagement.
2. Modeling the values that the CHM seeks in all its staff including:
a. All-In: Taking and sharing responsibility for the CHM, its mission, and our future.
b. Welcoming: Demonstrating every day that the CHM is for everyone.
c. Forward-looking: Anticipating needs, spotting opportunities, and solving problems with determination and ingenuity.
3. Supporting the CHM’s institutional values of Service, Collaboration, Discovery, Creativity, Empathy, Authenticity, Integrity, and Stewardship.
REPORTS TO: Vice President, Marketing and Communications
- Bachelor’s in business/marketing, marketing communications, journalism, English, creative writing, public relations, advertising, or related field.
- Minimum three to five years experience in marketing or advertising. Agency experience preferred.
- Working understanding of SEO and Google Ads.
- Basic graphic design skills and knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite.
- Competency with WordPress, working knowledge of HTML a plus.
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit and be a self-starter.
- Extremely detail-oriented, technologically savvy, and a team player.
CHM has implemented a mandatory vaccination policy requiring COVID-19 vaccination(s) for all employees.
This decision was made in accordance with CHM's duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is as safe as possible during these uncertain times. We believe that adopting this policy safeguards the health of our employees and their families, our customers and visitors, and the community at large from infectious diseases that may be reduced by vaccinations.
To Apply: Please submit the following as a single document: cover letter and resume. Online submissions with incomplete information may not be considered. E/O/E D/V/M/F. No Phone Calls please.
This job description is not intended to be an express or implied contract between CHM and any employee. CHM employees are employees at will. CHM reserves the right to change or assign other duties to this position as necessary to meet changing business needs. CHM is an equal opportunity employer.
Chicago History Museum
BusinessView all jobs at Chicago History Museum