The Warehouse Manager directs daily warehouse operations, ensuring efficiency of our receiving, stocking and fulfillment processes. The Warehouse Manager is responsible for overseeing all duties and functions within the warehouse, and in developing policies and that maximize accuracy, while controlling expenses and minimizing employee turnover.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directly supervising 5 or more associates in warehouse and dispatching.
- Responsibilities include interviewing and training associates; planning, assigning and directing work; assisting with performance appraisals; assisting in disciplinary action, addressing complaints and resolving problems when possible.
- Interfaces and communicates with sales team and customers regarding service.
- Maintains daily workflow for delivery orders. Supervises associates working in warehouse, assisting them during peak business hours.
- Ensures shipping requirements to various client accounts are completed accurately and any returned merchandise are processed accordingly.
- Participates in planning personnel safety, training and protection activities. Ensures safety procedures are followed and makes recommendations regarding safety issues.
- Maintains a customer service-oriented philosophy in all conduct.
- Ensures operational procedures are followed for activities such as verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, handling and disposition of materials and keeping warehouse inventory current.
- Make recommendations for improvements to procedures.
- Purchasing of supplies and equipment.
- Ensure the warehouse facility is maintained and kept in a safe, clean and orderly manner.
- Trouble shooting and maintenance of equipment and tools.
- Ability and desire to help grow the company and implement procedures.
- Ability to delegate responsibilities and help grow the warehouse team.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to speak effectively before customers or associates of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as weights, dimensions, time calculations, etc.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to prepare clear written memos and correspondence.
- 3PL experience preferred.
- C-TPAT and/or bonded warehouse experience a plus.
- Five plus years of experience in warehouse management
- Forklift operations experience and certification
- Mechanically inclined by nature
- Must be highly organized, safety conscious, and team-work oriented
Chicago Expert Importers
Why Work Here?
Positive, teamwork, family-oriented environment. Full benefits!