Be surrounded by beautiful artwork every day! Chicago Art Source Gallery and the Corporate Project Management Team is currently searching for a GALLERY AND OFFICE ADMIN to perform a wide range of duties related to our retail gallery as well as corporate, hospitality and healthcare projects.
· Maintain inventory of original artwork, including art consignment agreements and condition reports
· Arrange for the logistics of incoming and outgoing artwork, including presentations
· Assist in the coordination of bi-monthly exhibitions, answer phone calls, assist with walk-in clients
· Assist art consultants as needed
· Assist project managers as needed
This is an ideal opportunity for a recent BFA graduate to gain a unique experience in the art industry. Previous experience in handling art is preferred, along with proficiency in MS Office suite. Just as importantly, a background in a hectic, deadline driven office would be very helpful, as would experience in Adobe Photoshop and InDesign. This person will be responsible for understanding current and ongoing projects in order to create labels, arrange for the logistics of incoming and outgoing artwork, including presentations, invoicing and quotes, check in artwork, correspond with vendors and internal departments, and possibly large format printing. This person will need to be open to learning our internal POS system.
This is a full-time, ENTRY LEVEL position, mainly in our retail gallery with hours throughout the week, including Saturdays, and requires occasional availability after hours. We are located in Lincoln Park, within walking distance of the North/Clybourn Red line station and the Armitage Brown and Purple Lines.