Senior Financial Analyst
- Posted: over a month ago
Cheyenne Regional Medical Center was founded in 1867 as a tent hospital by the Union Pacific Railroad to treat workers injured while building the transcontinental railroad. Today, we are the largest hospital in the state of Wyoming, employing over 2,000 people, and treating over 350,000+ patients from southeastern Wyoming, western Nebraska, and northern Colorado. We pride ourselves on patient and employee experience by living our core values of Integrity, Caring, Compassion, Respect, Service, Teamwork and Excellence to I.N.S.P.I.R.E. great health.
Our team makes a difference every day by providing trusted healthcare expertise through a passionate and I.N.S.P.I.R.E(ing) approach with a personal touch. By living our values, we aim to achieve our goal of becoming a 5-star rated hospital, providing critical support and resources to our community and the greater region we serve. If you are eager to make a difference and passionate about healthcare, we encourage you to apply today!
Why Work at Cheyenne Regional?
- ANCC Magnet Hospital
- 403(b) with 4% employer match
- 21 PTO days per year (increases with tenure)
- Education Assistance Program
- Employer Sponsored Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance program
Day in the Life of a Senior Financial Analyst:
Performs various financial accounting and analysis functions. Collects and prepares cost data, analyzes fiscal accounting and related systems, and prepares financial feasibility studies. Assists in the preparation of the System’s annual operating budget. Directs and coordinates the System’s collection of data for submission to comparative benchmarking databases and for internal and external reporting. Preparation of timely and accurate financial and statistical reports. Assists Director in the leadership and supervision of the Finance department.
Here is what you will be doing:
- Prepares accurate and timely financial analysis and reporting functions to internal and external customers (Daily, Monthly, Quarterly, and Annual reporting).
- Prepares financial feasibility studies; reviews and evaluates administrative/planning studies as assigned.
- Assists departments with preparation of the System’s annual operating budget and monthly analysis as a one-stop financial partner.
- Analyzes operation of financial systems; prepares recommendations and documentation to create and update fiscal services and other related policies and procedures with respect to these systems.
- Ensures the compliance and accurate accounting and reporting of physician and other governmental contracts.
- Prepares and assists in the presentation of fiscal educational sessions as assigned.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings, and workshops; participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings as assigned; performs all duties as assigned, recognizing the generalist orientation of financial services.
- Demonstrates flexibility and an ability to handle a rapidly changing work environment.
- Is self-directed and able to work independently on multiple projects with a variety of deadlines.
- Computerized AR/ADT system experience, Microsoft Office products knowledge
- Ability to prioritize
- Cost finding, analytical skills; technical and professional skills in cost accounting and systems analysis
- Excellent problem solving and organizational skills
- Independent, self-motivated, with critical thinking ability
Here’s what you will need:
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Accounting/Finance
- Knowledge of financial forecasting and planning
- Minimum of three year’s experience in accounting and/or healthcare finance
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Cheyenne Regional