Lab Client Coordinator
- Posted: over a month ago
Come be a part of our Cheyenne Regional family!
Cheyenne Regional has a long-standing reputation for high-quality, compassionate care and has continued to lead and inspire healthcare excellence in the region.
Visit our benefits page:
The Lab Client Coordinator assists with laboratory client outreach support and satisfaction efforts. This is a multifunctional position supporting internal and external stakeholders, compliance with regulatory requirements, point of care activities, and process improvement initiatives. This position may require occasional travel within the state of Wyoming.
- Assists Laboratory Client Manager with client outreach and support activities.
- Conducts training of outreach client personnel as necessary, may deliver equipment and supplies to local and regional clients.
- Collaborates with Laboratory Information Systems (LIS) coordinator, IT staff and Lab staff to ensure up to date information and options are provided to clients.
- Collaborates with Lab supply department to ensure clients receive supplies and equipment in a reasonable timeframe.
- Recommends changes in products, service and policy as appropriate by evaluating results and competitive developments.
- Troubleshoots technical and service issues as appropriate. Coordinates with laboratory information services team to update/troubleshoot Epic system, downtime, or other service needs and activities.
- Assists with Point of Care (POC) training, competency testing, education and technical updates.
- Participates in service recovery efforts.
- Provides coverage for POC and Client Service teams as needed.
- Participates on teams and committees, contributes to process improvement, and collaborates with others to improve departmental efficiency.
I understand that it is not within my scope of practice to handle any medications that I might inadvertently come in contact with, including medications delivered in the pneumatic tube system. If I do come in contact with medications, I know to alert a licensed employee for them to handle
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified and employees may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate an independent work initiative and attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Sound judgement and critical thinking skills
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology
- Knowledge of laboratory services, rules, and regulations
- High school diploma (or equivalent certificate from an accredited program) or higher degree
- Three (3) or more years of client support experience
- Associate’s degree or higher
- Clinical laboratory experience
- Point-of-Care experience
- Sales or marketing experience
HealthcareView all jobs at Cheyenne Regional