- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This position is responsible for the timely and accurate preparation of financial statements for the hospital and its subsidiaries. Improves financial status by analyzing results, monitoring variances, making corrections as necessary. Prepares various financial account reconcilements and assists managers as one-stop financial partner.
- Calculates Agency Payments and validates to payroll data.
- Performs monthly close procedures and balance sheet account reconciliations on a timely basis; researches and corrects any variances on a timely basis.
- Retrieves and compiles investment holdings for reporting and analysis including accounting for various joint ventures investments.
- Records and manages various non-patient billing and accounts receivable including Foundation and Volunteer Grants.
- Acts as a resource for the Hospital’s annual financial audit by preparing detailed work papers and supporting documentation.
- Assists managers with the preparation of the Hospital’s annual operating budget.
- Acts as a one-stop financial partner assisting departments with analysis of monthly deviations from budget to actual on responsibility reports.
- Prepares various account analysis and reporting to support the Accounting Manager and Finance Controller
- Provides support to others when workloads become excessive.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified and employees may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Proficiency in accounting ERP and EHR software and spreadsheet application skills
- Cost finding, analytical skills; technical and professional skills in cost accounting and systems analysis
- Knowledge of financial forecasting and planning
- Excellent problem solving and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize
- Demonstrates flexibility (time management) and an ability to handle a rapidly changing work environment
- Associates Degree or higher in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or equivalent education and experience
- Prior experience in accounting, preferably cost accounting, and/or healthcare finance
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Cheyenne Regional