Director of Activities
Distinctive Living is all about revitalizing the senior living industry. Our communities are a place where residents are masterfully assisted and supported. By promoting physical, mental, and social well-being, we're committed to providing a space where every resident can reach their full potential. Does this sound like a team you would love to be a part of?
We are looking for a Director of Resident Experience at our Chestnut Ridge Wallingford community.
Essential Job Duties:
- Assess resident interest and activity needs at time of move-in and ongoing by completing the Resident Interest Worksheet and meeting with all new residents within 7 days of move-in to determine what level of activities residents request to be a part of. Orients all residents to activity program and how to access activities.
- Coordinates and carries out resident activities on a daily basis within budgeted limitations. Develops a calendar of events before the beginning of the month to stimulate residents in the areas of intellectual, physical, spiritual, and social needs. Promotes all activities within building in order to improve resident participation. Follows schedule as written with minimal change and cancellation. Arranges entertainment within budgetary allotments to come into the building for residents' enjoyment. Complies with spending budget on activity supplies and entertainment.
- On a quarterly basis, holds an event that may be used for marketing efforts. These resident events will also serve as marketing events as they involve the entertainment of our residents. Works with the Community Relations Director and other management staff to organize these events which include planning, advertising, set-up and clean-up.
- Provides and staffs transportation for resident activities and other needs. Resident outings will be scheduled on the monthly calendar and will include site-seeing trips, destination locations, and medical trips. Coordinates any activity outings and any medical visit transportation with the assisted living community.
- Ensures they and any employees reporting to them work in a safe manner and that unsafe actions are managed. Compliant with Safety Committee Standard. Should workplace injuries occur, the Department Heads and Directors are to assist the Executive Director when required with the investigation, return to work, and management of the injured worker communications with care provider and the management company.
- Fosters teamwork with co-workers, shows initiative in overcoming obstacles, takes actions which assist others beyond job responsibilities, and has a positive impact on co-workers, residents, and visitors.
- Performs other duties as assigned or needed.
Education and Experience Desired:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Associate or Bachelor's Degree strongly preferred in Social Service, Business, or a field related to the position.
- Must have proven management experience and ability to manage staff.
- Minimum of three years' experience in assisted living preferred. Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel preferred
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Chestnut Ridge Wallingford Senior LivingWallingford, PA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.