Franchise Business Consultant
Chesters International, LLC. Sioux Falls, SD
- Posted: over a month ago
- $65,000 to $75,000 Yearly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision
This position is The Franchise Business Consultant (FBC) and is responsible for business development within a specified territory, coaching new franchises in the opening process and training staff for openings, and ensuring the continued successful execution of the franchise business model with existing operators.
- Developing a specific geography where the Franchisor has an opportunity to add new units. The FBC helps identify potential franchisees and works with our Business Development team to secure commitment from a new unit owner. This may include presenting Chester’s to a prospect, in compliance with any and all applicable Franchise Laws
- Leads the training effort for successful new store openings
- Conducts regular visits to existing franchise stores to ensure;
- the execution of brand standards including store cleanliness and food safety standards
- addresses concerns regarding franchise profitability
- Implementation of current marketing initiatives including LTOs, menu updates, signage, and promotions
- Assures franchise profitability by monitoring cost of goods, menu pricing and inventory management
- Builds strong distributor relationships that foster business growth for existing and new franchises within distributor footprint by providing training and support to distributor sales representatives
- Develops and implements strategic plan for business growth using KPI data within a CRM business application
- Promotes brand within specific geography by maintaining close relationships with key multi-unit franchises, provides industry trade show support, offers key insights of industry trends, competition, and provides input relating to brand innovation.
Measures of success;
- Ensures ongoing implementation of full product portfolio in existing franchises
- Meets KPI objectives including same-store case movement, addition of new stores in territory while maintaining high brand standards
- Manages relationships with both existing stores, new franchise prospects, and key distributor team members
- Works well in a cross-functional team environment
- Strong communication skills and follow-up, timely submission of reports, and ability to resolve common business challenges with management support
- Secondary education or training after high school i.e. formal technical training, A.S. or B.S./B.A. degree, military training, etc.
- Experience in a food service-related position i.e. restaurant management, culinary experience, food service distributor sales or marketing, food manufacturer or broker experience. QSR related experience preferred.
- Strong social skills; well-developed oral and written communication skills; strong listening and negotiation skills; dynamic presentation skills
- Ability to travel up to 15 nights/month
- IT skills including MS Office applications (CRM platform experience a plus)
- Possesses high degree of energy and enthusiasm
- Record of success in a fast-paced, dynamic business environment
1965 brought Chester the Chick to life–with his cowboy hat, bandana, spurs, and his gun and holster, Chester was one cool chick. A couple of years later, the company became incorporated as Giles Enterprises, and they began manufacturing frying equipment. Adding marinades, batter and breading products to the line, the brand achieved its world famous signature taste and became known as Chester Fried in 1974. The secret family recipe and the process of double breading each piece of chicken to ensure a crispy outside and a tender, moist inside, is what has given Chester’s its consistent success. Additionally, Giles Enterprises patented a ventless frying technology, greatly expanding the brand’s growth.
In 2002, Fried was dropped from the brand name, and it became Chester’s. Ted W. Giles, son of the founder and its current CEO, is credited with growing the brand on three continents. Today, Chester’s has successfully completed the transition process from a licensed QSR concept to a growth driven franchise model. This market, in which Chester’s has been a leader for years, primarily consists of restaurant-in-store concepts, including colleges and universities, airports, convenience stores, truck stops and supermarkets.
Today, Chester’s serves millions of satisfied and loyal customers delicious, fresh-fried chicken and sides every day. We also love our Core Values and are committed to living them in all that we do at Chester's. We also expect all of our employees to "live" by our core values as well while at work and in every decision that impacts our business.
Our Core Values are:
Embrace Constant Evolution
WIN as a TEAM
Deliver Exceptional Value
Direct, Respectful, and Honest
Fried Chicken is Fun!
To learn more about the Chester's brand visit our website: http://www.chestersinternational.com
Follow us on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ChestersIntl
Follow us on twitter: https://twitter.com/ChestersIntl
Chester's International, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, genetics, or basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Chesters International, LLC.
AddressSioux Falls, SD
BusinessView all jobs at Chesters International, LLC.