Position Summary: As the Purchasing Administrator your responsibility is to provide support for the Purchasing Manager, Sales, Construction Managers, and vendors. Maintaining inventory, purchasing records, and conducting vendor research and selection to cut costs and enhance profitability and efficiency.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Manages process for new subdivision set up with written and transparent plan start to completion.
- Track and monitor General Liability Insurance for compliance.
- Set up and load new contractors and vendors in BRIX and assign vendor numbers.
- Update Schedule B for subcontractors and Schedule A pricing for vendors.
- Enter take off data as assigned for new plan set up and plan maintenance.
- Maintain option pricing and make available in BRIX Sales module.
- Maintain available selections in BRIX Sales module.
- Review problem payroll and create systems to minimize problem payroll.
- Prepare cost comparisons for budgeting purposes utilizing BRIX and Excel spreadsheets.
- Prepare and review monthly DC’s and provides a summary of cost changes and future trends.
- Serve as a liaison for Construction Managers, Sales Associates, and vendors.
- Maintain labor cost spreadsheet with current budget rates.
- Maintain spreadsheet with current community primary vendors and suppliers.
- Create standard and extra PO’s.
- Serve as a backup to all Purchasing team members.
- NSO processing and pricing projects.
- Submit rebates and maintain accurate records for rebate collection and deposit checks for rebates and refunds.
- Maintain series specifications worksheet by product series and community.
- Maintain job accruals for closed jobs each month.
- Review and resolve issues on aging reports for vendors.
- Process past stage changes and change orders.
- Assist in other duties/ task as needed
Job Knowledge & Skills:
- Proficient with standard software such as Windows, Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills to work with all levels of the organization and with outside vendors
- Maintain proper and professional etiquette
- Exemplary customer service skills
- Analytical problem-solving skills required
- Attention to detail to ensure tasks are completed thoroughly and correctly in fast-paced high work volume
- Flexibility to help assist with new tasks as assigned.
- Ablity to adapt to organizational changes
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi- task and prioritize work
- Must have a valid driver’s license and successfully pass a background check
- High School Diploma or GED required
- College Degree preferred
- 1+ year of purchasing experience preferred
- Brix experience is a plus
Benefits: Chesmar Homes offers competitive benefits including healthcare coverage, 401k contributions, four weeks paid vacation, paid holidays, and more. We are an equal opportunity employer all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by the laws.
Associates take the company’s motto “Setting a Higher Standard” to heart. Each individual agreeing to work for us pledges to help Chesmar, CLM and N Title and everyone associated with the organization – including themselves – “Set a Higher Standard in Everything They Do.” This promise is echoed in the company’s mission and core values. “Good enough” is never good enough for Chesmarians, CLMers and N Titlists!
Chesmar Homes, CLM Mortgage, N Title
Why Work Here?Chesmar, CLM Mortgage and N Title's strength comes from our company’s associates. They are a group of phenomenally talented, energized adults who are fully engaged in making a difference daily. Everyone at the Chesmar Homes' Enterprise is dedicated to providing and sustaining our culture and creating an atmosphere that is both stimulating and nurturing. Associates take the company’s motto “Setting a Higher Standard” to heart. Each individual agreeing to work for us pledges to help Chesmar, CLM and N Title and everyone associated with the organization – including themselves – “Set a Higher Standard in Everything They Do.” This promise is echoed in the company’s mission and core values. “Good enough” is never good enough for Chesmarians, CLMers and N Titlists!
The BEST culture, awesome team, growing company!