Outside Sales Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: dental, life insurance, medical, vision, 401k,
Chesapeake Systems, LLC is a manufacturer’s representative for HVAC parts and equipment located in Hanover, MD. We provide only the highest quality products and service solutions to best support the needs of engineers, contractors, wholesalers and owners. We are proud to represent some of the top manufacturers of quality HVAC products in the industry.
We have an immediate need in our Engineered Products Group for an Outside Salesperson calling on contractors, engineers, and owners in either the DC or Northern Virginia markets. The Outside Sales Engineer position actively promotes company represented factories with the local consulting engineering community. Outside Sales Engineer shall aggressively chase equipment sales with all contractors and building owners. It is expected that the Outside Sales Engineer will develop a close relationship with their respective inside team. This team effort will result in maximizing profits by ordered equipment properly and delivering in a timely fashion.
This position requires a strong attention to detail, mechanical aptitude, excellent people skills and the ability to handle issues in a fast paced environment.
We offer an excellent compensation package, comprehensive benefits and significant growth potential for results driven individuals. A salary draw is provided for this commission based position.
This is an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated and enthusiastic self-starter who is eager to become an integral part of our success. The successful candidate will be persistent and focused with the desire to build and sustain business relationships while developing new ones.
We will provide comprehensive product training. The Sales Rep will provide the drive and desire to succeed!
Chesapeake Systems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Work with Consulting Engineers. This includes but is not limited to:
a. Maintain, update, and educate on factory catalogs, software, and product developments.
b. Regularly schedule educational seminars that introduce factory products, information, and new technology.
c. Travel with factory employees when visiting. This includes setting-up meetings, seminars, etc. prior to factory visits.
d. Generate “Budget & Presubmittals” for any equipment selections required.
e. Increase market penetration by earning basis of design and being listed as an acceptable manufacturer in each engineering accounts standard specification.
2. Working with Contractors. This includes but is not limited to:
a. Regularly visiting customer base to ensure relationship development.
b. “Take Off” projects that are not handled by Estimating department.
c. Quote any “Design/Build” and replacement projects.
d. Follow-up on all quotes.
e. Finalize “buy” pricing and negotiate project quotes. This will include reviewing bid documents and specifications, review of the estimate, confirming equipment selections, and obtaining special pricing approval from the factories.
f. Generate submittals and any re-submittal required for approval.
g. Attend project review/coordination meetings.
h. Coordinate and resolve any project related issues (delivery, warranty, service, returns, etc.)
i. Provide owner training.
3. Work with Inside Sales Support to ensure that all equipment on a project is ordered properly. This includes but is not limited to:
a. Communication of final cost and sell pricing.
b. Review of approved submittals to ensure that equipment and options are understood.
c. Provide direction of any commission splits (must be recorded in job folders).
d. Assist and review project close-out is accurate and complete.
e. Support the inside team technically.
4. Provide guidance to estimating department on equipment selections and market pricing.
5. Work closely with manufacturers to resolve application specific issues.
6. Learn and use factory software to select the best equipment for the project and price properly based on project specifics and market intel.
7. Remain knowledgeable on products and technologies which Chesapeake Systems represents by attending scheduled trainings and webinars and traveling to factories for additional learning and building relationship with our manufacturer partners.
8. Be a Product Champ and the face of Chesapeake Systems with the manufacturers that we represent.
9. Attend in-person sales meetings.
10. Attend and become involved in industry related organizations (ASHRAE, ASPE, CASHE, NFPA, etc.). Regular participation in a minimum of one organization is expected.
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES OR FUNCTIONS
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this position. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- College Degree - but not required
- Valid driver's license
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
This position works in an office environment and must be able to operate standard office equipment.
Must be able to provide own transportation, so that you can travel to and from job sites and customer visits on short notice.
Must be able to use a computer to access, input, and retrieve information, including all factory software.
Must be able to work respectfully in a team environment.
Must be able to move files and materials generally weighing up to 25 pounds.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
OUTSTANDING EMPLOYEE BENEFITS INCLUDE:
401k Retirement Plan
Short Term Disability
Chesapeake Systems, LLC