Manufacturing Production Manager
Chesapeake Search Partners Abingdon, MD
- Posted: over a month ago
- $80,000 to $110,000 Yearly
- Benefits: dental, life insurance, medical, vision, 401k,
Chesapeake Search Partners [CSP] is a Baltimore based search firm. Our client is a leading designer and manufacturer of wire drawing die inserts and tooling systems for the wire drawing industry. Seeking managerial experience working within a manufacturing / machine shop environment. Very competitive pay, room for growth and great long term opportunity!
Supervises and coordinates activities of hourly employees in the operation of a variety of machines to manufacture products that meet our quality standards on time for the Carbide department.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervising production staff by communicating job expectations; monitoring and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating personnel with work schedules and enforcing company policies and procedures.
- Maintains staff by identifying training opportunities; developing personal growth opportunities.
- Maintains work flow by monitoring steps of the process; observing control points and equipment; monitoring personnel and resources; studying methods; improvising and implementing cost reductions; maintaining reporting procedures and systems; facilitating corrections to malfunctions within process control points; initiating and fostering a spirit of cooperation within and between departments.
- Completes production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel; accomplishing work results; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules; resolving problems; reporting results of the processing flow on shift production reports.
- Maintains quality control by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Ensures operation of equipment by calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Provide manufacturing information by compiling, initiating, sorting, and analyzing production performance records and data; answering questions and responding to personnel requests.
- Maintain employee time cards on a weekly basis, including approving leave request.
- Maintain safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources; maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Ability to maintain and create working relationship with the Production team.
- Resolve personnel problems by analyzing data; investigating issues; identifying solutions; recommending action.
- Ability to coach associates and encourage employee growth.
- Strong work ethic and the ability to promote a positive work atmosphere.
- Project oriented with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Experience with supervising multiple employees in a production environment.
- Exceptionally detail oriented, organized with excellent analytical ability and problem solving abilities.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
Education and Experience
- BS or Associates Degree or equivalent experience.
- 3 years minimum in a managerial role, preferably in a Manufacturing or Production environment.
Chesapeake Search PartnersWhy Work Here?
Great career opportunity with a growing company!
Chesapeake Search Partners (Towson, MD)... With over 25 years of combined search experience, we have access to a premier network of industry contacts unmatched by traditional recruiting firms. We bring an unparalleled level of ethics, professionalism and trust to our relationships with candidates and clients alike. We take pride in having the most thorough screening process in the industry while discretely representing its candidates and clients. Confidentiality is always respected.