Position: Asset Management Associate
Location: Washington, DC
Compensation: $95,000 - $140,000
Chesapeake Search Partners has partnered with a growing commercial real estate development firm that is looking to bring on an experienced Asset Management Associate to their team. This individual will report to the VP and work in a collaborative team alongside Investments & Acquisitions.
- Manage a portfolio of office and multifamily assets with oversight and assistance from a Vice President of Asset Management.
- Key responsibilities include analyzing and implementing capital improvement projects, analyzing and negotiating dispositions and loan refinancing, and creating and implementing leasing strategy.
- Build and operate financial models.
- Review financial models and Argus files periodically for integrity and accuracy.
- Contribute to Acquisition due diligence and Investment Committee approval, as needed, through closing and focus on transition to asset management.
- Budgeting, reporting, and ad-hoc value-add analysis for Asset Management Team.
- Manage the leasing process including redlining LOI’s and lease drafts and coordinating the various members involved including internal departments, brokers, JV Partners, and attorneys.
- Prepare initial drafts of press releases and simple corporate marketing materials.
- Prepare and present periodic updates to Senior Executives and external investors.
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Finance, or related field.
- MBA or Masters in Real Estate helpful but not required.
- 5+ years of Asset Management experience in Office or Multifamily.
- Familiarity with real estate contracts and leases.
- Ability to build rapport with clients.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
For more information, please contact Johnny Black at firstname.lastname@example.org