Job Posting - Senior Litigation Paralegal
- Posted: over a month ago
- $20 to $25 Hourly
- Benefits: 401k,
We are a growing law firm in need of a reliable and proactive Senior Litigation Paralegal. Our caseload is growing and the ideal candidate for this position is organized, professional, responsible, and committed to helping us meet all of our clients' needs.
Responsibilities and duties:
Must have at least ten years experience as a Paralegal.
• Draft lawsuits in the Virginia General District Courts and Circuit Courts, as well as in the Federal Circuit Courts and Bankruptcy Courts
• Work directly with our attorneys and clients to prepare for upcoming hearings and trials
• Track lawsuits and update attorneys on status and filing dates
• Work with attorneys to develop legal arguments, motions, and other case filings
• Maintain soft and hard copies of all case files
• Monitor changes to relevant cases, laws, government guidelines and regulations, and submit reports on pertinent changes
• Utilize existing files and a variety of other research resources and tools to develop memoranda, lawsuits and filings for pending cases
• Communicate with Clients regarding their cases, and for status updates
Qualifications and skills:
• Associate Degree in Paralegal Studies is preferred, or equivalent experience
• Excellent communication and organization abilities
• Competent with Law firm billing and accounting
• Able to work independently and quickly under time and production deadlines
• Industry recognized certification from organizations such as NALA or AACP
• Experience with state and Federal court rules and procedures, and case tracking
• At least ten(10) years of paralegal experience, including two (2) years of experience at the senior paralegal level
Additional desired skills:
• Experience supervising junior paralegals and legal assistants
• Experience with Non-profit and Community Associations law
• Experience with Debtor/Creditor law a plus
• Experience with using law firm database software
Salary and hours:
• Salary is commensurate with experience
• Must provide drafting examples for consideration.
• 37.5 to 40 hours per week, depending on caseload
Chesapeake Law Group PLCWhy Work Here?
Expanding, Lots of room for growth.
9300 West Courthouse RoadManassas, VA
LegalView all jobs at Chesapeake Law Group PLC