Dental Billing Clerk
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
ChesPenn is a network of community health centers spanning Chester and Delaware Counties. Our mission is to provide quality, integrated, and culturally sensitive medical, dental, and behavioral healthcare to adults and children regardless of their income, insurance status, or ability to pay.
Simply put, our goal is to be healthcare homes for every person living in the communities we serve. Be part of our mission to care for your community. This is a job that will love you back!
ChesPenn Health Services is seeking a highly motivated, detail-oriented Billing Clerk for Dental for our Administrative Office in Eddystone, PA. The Dental Billing Clerk demonstrates ChesPenn’s commitment to patient-focused, compassionate health care for every patient by providing prompt, courteous assistance to individuals who enter the community health center or who contact us by phone. The ideal candidate has experience preparing, reviewing, and entering claims into billing software, however, on-the-job training will be provided.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Certified in billing and coding strongly preferred
Previous experience as a billing clerk in a health center setting preferred
Current COVID-19 and flu vaccines required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English
- Accuracy in arithmetic
- Able to function independently
- General knowledge of basic computer skills
- Ability to meet approved minimal physical and medical standards
What You’ll Do
- Verify coverage and eligibility for dental services.
- Enter charges and payments daily.
- Post charges and payment to the correct accounts.
- Monitor encounter forms for correct billing and coding, ICD-9CM, ICD-10CM and payments daily.
- Establish and maintain appropriate follow-up procedures as developed with supervisor.
- Obtain and monitor pre-authorization for certain procedures.
- Review patients charts/EOB and correct any missing or inaccurate information.
- Use of insurance carrier portals for eligibility and claims information.
- Assist and maintain payment plans for patients with overdue balances.
- Maintains courtesy and diplomacy when interacting with clients.
- Maintains communication with insurance companies for patient eligibility and claim denials.
- Investigate, resolve, and appeal claims that were denied.
- Understanding of policies and procedures of organization to relate to clients, when necessary.
- Completes other duties as assigned by supervisor.
What We Offer
ChesPenn offers generous benefits, including:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401a retirement account, funded by ChesPenn
- Life insurance
- Generous vacation, sick, and personal leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
ChesPenn is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Because employees work with families and children and due to the sensitive nature of patient medical information, we require all applicants who receive and accept employment offers to complete child abuse and criminal background checks before being hired.
ChesPenn uses a web-based application portal and emailing system to correspond with applicants. Please be sure to add email@example.com to your contact list to ensure delivery of all correspondence from us.
ChesPenn Health ServicesCrum Lynne, PA
Finance and Insurance
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.