Environmental Scientist, Andersen Airforce Base, Guam
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
***This is not a remote position. The work is done at the Anderson Airforce Base in Guam. Relocation assistance is available.***
Provides natural resource management expertise in support of construction, facility sustainment efforts, and environmental projects for the 36th Civil Engineer Squadron at Andersen AFB, Guam. Candidate will review and advise on the installation’s natural and cultural resources management plans. Candidate will review project plans and submittals and advise the Air Force client on alignment with installation natural resource management plans and local, federal environmental laws.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs analysis of policy and guidance that impacts the installation’s natural resource management plans.
- Performs technical writing to support environmental document development for construction activities, facility sustainment projects, and environmental projects.
- Provides technical support for NEPA planning and Environmental Permitting and Mitigation.
- Provides technical support for regulatory framework of environmental compliance activities for pollution prevention
- Prepare necessary technical reports.
- Performs evaluation of procedures and technologies including those required to address emerging contaminants in groundwater and surface water at on and near Andersen AFB
- Conducts technical presentations to Air Force stakeholders in coordination with a variety of project stakeholders.
- Critically reviews and analyzes statements of work and providing input into work plans and other documents.
- Documents methods, assumptions, conclusions, and key data gaps in a report.
- Performing contractor technical proposal evaluations.
- Mentors other technical staff.
- Manages the execution of technical work and client deliverables.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- B.S in Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, Natural Resource Management, or a related field from an accredited college or university.
- Three years or more experience working with Deptartment of Defense or Fish and Wildlife Services.
- Experience working in the Pacific and with the U.S. Air Force is a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Successfully pass a federal background check and a drug screen.
- Familiarity with Natural Resource management processes and regulations
- Understanding of state/federal environmental regulations
- Ability to organize and gather project data, conduct analysis, prepare reports and provide recommendations without assistance.
- Utilizing and applying computer software including Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Good organizational skills and excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- Proficient using Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, and Outlook).
- Ability to successfully pass a drug screen and background check.
- Ability to pass a Department of Defense security investigation in support of access to limited privilege and sensitive information.
- Must be a US citizen.
- Cherokee Federal employees are included as covered employees in U.S. Presidential Executive Order 14042, which mandates Covid vaccines for federal contractors. Executive Order 14042 is currently blocked from enforcement pending court proceedings. Therefore, Cherokee Federal is halting the application of the mandate; however, if the injunction is lifted, Cherokee Federal will restore administration of the vaccine requirement.
- Work is primarily performed in a climate-controlled office setting.
- Some field work and site visits are required.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Cherokee Federal is a division of Cherokee Nation Businesses, the economic engine of Cherokee Nation, the largest Native American tribe in the U.S. As a trusted partner, the Cherokee Federal team of companies manages nearly 2,000 projects of all sizes across the construction, engineering and manufacturing and mission solutions portfolios — ranging from advanced data analytics and telehealth to cybersecurity, cloud and logistics. Since 2012, our team of companies has won $6 billion in government contracts and completed more than 5,300 federal missions. Our 3,600+ employees work in 20+ countries, 50 states and 2 U.S. territories.
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation.
Since 2012, our team of companies has won $6 billion in government contracts and completed more than 5,300 federal missions. Our 3,600+ employees work in 20+ countries, 50 states and 2 U.S. territories.
Why Cherokee Federal? Visit cherokee-federal.com to learn why you should join our team!
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and we prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status or for inquiring about, discussing, or disclosing compensation.
Cherokee Nation Federal Consulting
Energy and Environment
Get fresh Remote Environmental Scientist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.