Job Title: Technical Editor (#15397)
Location: FORT BELVOIR VA 22060
We are seeking a Technical editor to assist the Mission Assurance Department in accomplishing scheduled Joint Mission Assurance Assessments (JMAA), Mobile Training Team events, special assessments, and
Higher Headquarters Program Reviews coordinated by the Joint Staff J-3. The Technical Editors will be assigned to the Standards and Training in order to support the JMAA Division in the formatting and editing of assessment reports.
The Mission Assurance Assessment Program model is designed to support commanders’ risk management processes, providing an assessment of potential risk to assets determined as critical to the execution of strategic missions.
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Salary commensurate with experience; full benefits package included
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The technical editors are charged with maintaining a report writing guide, to assist new employees in writing professional reports. The writing guide shall be updated on an annual basis and include a list of commonly used Acronyms and Lexicon.
- Developing the JMAA Report Tracker for each prepared report and disseminating the report for review and final disposition.
- Preparing the JMAA Report Tracker Master spreadsheet, this tracker contains the report due dates and disseminating to senior leaders NLT Tuesday morning of each week.
- At the direction of the Program Manager, develop assessment products to support benchmark workshops, and other templates.
- Reviewing and editing JMAA reports to ensure each report follows the department’s guidelines.
This position will have/not have supervisory authority.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Top SECRET
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Five years’ experience editing or technical writing experience preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Experienced in reviewing and editing technical documents.
- Ability to communicate via written and oral means.
- Experience in the use of Access Database, Excel, and Word.
- Experience working with SharePoint.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with little to no supervision.
- Experience in developing writing or other “how to” guides.
The duties of this position are primarily performed in a climate controlled office environment. Occasional travel and overnight stay may be required.
Cherokee Nation Strategic Programs (CNSP) offers federal, state and local agencies a wide range of intelligence, cyber operations and warfighter support services. CNSP focuses on quality performance in the collection and analysis of data, dissemination of useful information, and actionable real-world support to the intelligence and warfighter communities. Services offered by Cherokee Nation Applicants Strategic Programs apply to all national security communities including federal, state and local intelligence communities, the military and law enforcement agencies.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please visit the following two sites:
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may e-mail CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, click here: www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf