Military Safety and Occupational Health SME Washington, DC, US ID#15316
Cherokee Nation Management & Consulting (CNMC) is a versatile small business that provides advisory & assistance services in research, experimental development, technology implementation, and program management. CNMC has expertise in a wide-range of technical disciplines including engineering, environmental, information and asset management, along with a variety of physical and life sciences. The company is an integral part of the Technology Division’s portfolio of companies. Wholly owned by the Cherokee Nation, CNMC is part of the Cherokee Nation Businesses family of companies.
For more company information, visit our site at http://cnbjobs.com
Cherokee Nation Management and Consulting is seeking a full-time Safety and Occupational Health (SOH) Subject Matter Expert (SME) (Safety Specialist in support of the Director for SOH of the Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Army (DASA) for Environment, Safety and Occupational Health (ESOH). DASA (ESOH) provides civilian policy, programming and oversight of Army-wide ESOH programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes the following:
- Provide subject matter expertise at the strategic level in SOH to support the Director for SOH (at the SES level), and SMEs (at the GS-15 level) in supporting all SOH work requirements of the Office of the Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Army for Environment, Safety and Occupational Health (ODASA-ESOH).
- Support the Director for Safety with the development and review of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), policies, and guidelines related to the SOH program, especially as they relate to mishap, illness and injury statistics. Provide recommendations on the impact of DASA (ESOH) policies and procedures on the ACOMs, ASCCs and DRUs.
- Assist the Director for SOH to plan, direct, and coordinate programs, activities, initiatives, goals and objectives for all safety and occupational health programs
- Support the Director for Safety by providing administrative and technical expertise necessary for accomplishing the coordination of communications for the Army, DOD and other organizations involved in SOH policies, initiatives and processes.
- Help revise and maintain the SOH Strategic Plan and initiatives to assure alignment with the ODASA (ESOH) 2025 objectives. Help develop updated reviews of all projects, assess timelines and deliverables.
- Help utilize the foundation of the Army SOH program and build effective processes that deliver safety and health excellence:
- Help facilitate the development of an initiative to provide an integrated and optimized system of people, processes, and technology to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of Army SOH programs, projects and initiatives.
- Support the establishment of mechanisms designed to prevent or mitigate soldier and worker fatalities, injuries and illnesses through continuous planning, implementation, integration and control by providing a safe and healthy work.
- Assist in the development of the framework for a systematic, explicit, and comprehensive process for managing risks.
- Assist in mission support by supporting design of a system to increase visibility into workplace hazards and mitigation processes and heighten leadership commitment..
- Support the SOH mission to maximize the impact to the Army and provide ease of use and promote transparency in reporting.
- Aid in gathering requirements and shape design for an enterprise-level IT SOH platform.
- Performs other job related duties as required.
No supervisory/management authority.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 15 years work experience required, including knowledge and a minimum of 8-10 years’ demonstrated (actual) experience of Army, DOD and Federal safety regulations and with military SOH programs, including:
- Demonstrated experience in how the military functions on a wide variety of missions at the strategic level and the potential SOH concerns of its workforce and the connection with OSHA establishments.
- Demonstrated sound management principles and judgment in analyzing unique problems and issues specific to executing military SOH programs.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Subject matter knowledge of and experience with analytical and evaluative methods and techniques, to include qualitative and quantitative analysis, comprehensive studies, and development of assessments, recommendations, and position statements.
- This is a mid-level management staff position and there is no field work component. Work is performance in an office environment inside of a federally secured facility.
With $400 million in annual revenue, 20% growth per year, approximately 950+ active contracts serving 60+ government agencies in 25 countries, 47 states, 2 territories and 2000+ employees, Cherokee Nation Businesses’ (CNB) group of Federal Contracting Section 8(a) companies is well positioned to deliver expertise needed to solve complex technical issues. Federal Solutions provides an array of services for 12 of the 15 cabinet-level departments and agencies – from applications and data services to cybersecurity and national defense.
Why consider Cherokee Nation and our Federal Solutions business? Here are some great resources highlighting what we do and compelling reasons for joining our team!
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please copy and paste the links to the following two sites: EEO Statement | EEO Poster
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may email “CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com” for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, please copy and paste the following link: Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
We maintain an Affirmative Action Plan for the purpose of proactively seeking employment and advancement for qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Upon request, we will schedule time to make our Affirmative Action Plan accessible. If you are interested, please submit a written request with the email subject line: 2018 Request to View Affirmative Action Plan to the Compliance Administrator at “CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com” This email box is not for resumes or follow up on job applications.