Job Title: Research Assistant II Immunology- Silver Spring, MD (ID# 15042)
Our client’s mission is to conduct biomedical research that delivers life-saving products including knowledge, technology, and medical materiel. Their efforts include the development of medical countermeasures capable of protecting and sustaining the health of the men and women of the U.S. military.
Their focus is on understanding the infectious diseases threatening the Fighting Force both domestically and abroad. The research programs include dengue, influenza, and adenovirus infections and other emerging and re-emerging viral diseases such as chikungunya virus and hepatitis C virus, etc. Infectious disease syndromes caused by existing, emerging, or re-emerging viral pathogens, not otherwise identified, is also an area of research. Once specific threats have been determined, they work on those identified threats along a scientific continuum including epidemiologic disease surveillance and sample collection, basic and exploratory science, translational research, and product research and development. The intent is to license (as applicable) and field medical countermeasures and medical solutions designed to eliminate or mitigate these threats in the most safe, expeditious, cost effective, and high quality manner possible.
We are seeking a highly motivated Research Assistant to join our team that is focused upon characterizing immune responses at the cellular level. The laboratory provides support for vaccine clinical trials and performs basic research into immune responses generated by candidate vaccine products.
For more company information, visit our site at www.cherokee-cnsp.com
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes the following (Other duties may be assigned):
- Performs basic (pure) scientific research and development/improvement of vaccines.
- Has knowledge of scientific techniques and methodologies and applies independent judgement in performing research.
- Develops Standard Operating Procedures and updates them independently based upon operational situations. Processes laboratory samples, executes assays, documents results, and compiles and analyses data.
- Ensures assays are executed following guidelines and designated procedures.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures.
- Accomplishes goals with limited supervision.
- Develops independent research protocols.
- Executes research with limited supervision.
- Manages equipment and supplies.
- Trains and mentors more junior personnel.
- Writes and maintains detailed laboratory records and maintains a clean and safe laboratory environment.
- Orders equipment and supplies.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team.
- Excellent organizational, documentation and record keeping skills.
- Reports findings to a scientific lead.
Position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- BS/BA with 2+ years of experience required in Biology, Immunology, Biomedical Science, or a related field
- Wet laboratory experience (beyond school courses) in cell culture and/or cellular-based assays such as ELISpot, flow cytometry, cell proliferation or cytotoxicity assays
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge and experience of immunology techniques
- Ability to follow strict timing guidelines for all scheduled operations and experiments
- Blood processing for PBMC isolation
- Coordination of clinical experiments
- Performance of flow cytometric-based assays, operation of a flow cytometer, and/or data analysis for multi-parametric flow cytometry
- Training in and/or operation of flow cytometer for cell sorting (FACS)
- Performance of mammalian cell culture
- Work in a GLP/GCLP/GMP regulated environment
- Performance of assays for cell-mediated immunity
- Ability to accurately collect, collate and enter data into a database
- Experience with data analysis software to include Microsoft Excel and/or FlowJo
Applicant must be willing to work in a BSL-2, regulated team environment
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements.
With $400 million in annual revenue, 20% growth per year, approximately 950+ active contracts serving 60+ government agencies in 25 countries, 47 states, 2 territories and 2000+ employees, Cherokee Nation Businesses’ (CNB) group of Federal Contracting Section 8(a) companies is well positioned to deliver expertise needed to solve complex technical issues. Federal Solutions provides an array of services for 12 of the 15 cabinet-level departments and agencies – from applications and data services to cybersecurity and national defense.
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Apply online at www.cnbjobs.com
Cherokee Nation Management & Consulting (CNMC) is a versatile small business that provides advisory & assistance services in research, experimental development, technology implementation, and program management. CNMC has expertise in a wide-range of technical disciplines including engineering, environmental, information and asset management, along with a variety of physical and life sciences. The company is an integral part of the Technology Division’s portfolio of companies. Wholly owned by the Cherokee Nation, CNMC is part of the Cherokee Nation Businesses family of companies.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please visit the following two sites:
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may e-mail CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, click here: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf