Paralegal – Arlington, VA (ID#15495)
Cherokee Nation Strategic Programs (CNSP) is a versatile, tribally owned 8(a), SDB providing solutions throughout the U.S. and overseas. CNSP has expertise in a wide range of technical disciplines, including global vulnerability assessment, information assurance, intelligence operations, program management and professional services with partners in Information Technology. CNSP is owned by Cherokee Nation Businesses, the economic engine of Cherokee Nation, the largest Native American tribe in the U.S. One-hundred percent of the company’s profits support future business investments and the well-being of the tribe’s citizens through health care, education and job creation, ensuring better lives for Cherokees today and tomorrow.
For more company information, visit our site at www.cherokee-cnsp.com
CNSP is looking for CNSP is looking for a Paralegal to support The Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), Office of Chief Counsel, Civil Litigation Section (CCL) to assist with meeting the needs of high volume, complex litigation that must be addressed.
This is an outstanding opportunity to work as a paralegal for a component of a major Federal agency in the Arlington, VA, area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist Chief Counsel, Civil Litigation Section (CCL) with handling litigation to include, but not limited to, administrative tort claims arising out of car accidents with Official Government Vehicles
- Assist with claims intake, document collection, redactions, and discovery
- Discuss claims with claimants, prepare correspondence, make recommendations on resolution of claims, manage and organize documents, prepare and label exhibits
- Assist with administrative hearings
- Handle a diverse and heavy work load and work cooperatively and efficiently with CCL staff members
- Provide other legal support as necessary and as assigned by the Associate Chief Counsel of CCL
- This position will not have supervisory or management authority
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field from accredited university
- Paralegal certificate
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated skills and/or experience as a paralegal, specifically in civil litigation
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written
- Ability to obtain Public Trust Clearance
- U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Resident status required
- Ability to successfully pass a drug screening test and federal background check
- This position is performed in a secured federal office setting
With $400 million in annual revenue, 20% growth per year, approximately 950+ active contracts serving 60+ government agencies in 25 countries, 47 states, 2 territories and 2000+ employees, Cherokee Nation Businesses’ (CNB) group of Federal Contracting Section 8(a) companies is well positioned to deliver expertise needed to solve complex technical issues. Federal Solutions provides an array of services for 12 of the 15 cabinet-level departments and agencies – from applications and data services to cybersecurity and national defense.
Why consider Cherokee Nation and our Federal Solutions business? Here are some great resources highlighting what we do and compelling reasons for joining our team!
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please copy and paste the links to the following two sites: EEO Statement | EEO Poster
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may email “CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com” for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, please copy and paste the following link: Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
We maintain an Affirmative Action Plan for the purpose of proactively seeking employment and advancement for qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Upon request, we will schedule time to make our Affirmative Action Plan accessible. If you are interested, please submit a written request with the email subject line: 2018 Request to View Affirmative Action Plan to the Compliance Administrator at “CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com” This email box is not for resumes or follow up on job applications.