Gamut, a subsidiary of Cox Media Group, is a solutions-based digital advertising organization focused on connecting brands to their most relevant consumers and communities, across all platforms. Gamut and its best-in-class OTT product, Gamut TOTAL℠, empower advertisers through guaranteed premium inventory, advanced fraud-free options and maximized campaign performance. Founded on a century of success, laid down by our parent company Cox Media Group, Gamut delivers effective advertising campaigns that combine over 20 years of experience in the digital space with data, insights and quality inventory.
Reporting into the VP of Planning & Operations, the Manager of Media Strategy Planning will oversee a team of Media Strategists responsible for media planning and booking for our clients’ advertising campaigns. The Planning Manager will collaborate with Sales and Account Management to provide the most effective media plans for client success, ensure timely and accurate order booking, and refine planning strategy through a feedback loop with Ad Operations. This is an integral position within a fast-paced business. It requires self-motivation, high problem solving and strategic thinking, enthusiasm, flexibility, leadership, and the ability to communicate clearly and effectively. This role also requires an analytical and logical thinker with the conviction to meet problems head-on and solve them creatively, accurately and quickly.
- People Management & Development
- Actively manage the Media Strategist team responsible for planning and shepherding our clients’ digital advertising campaigns. Assist in drafting MBO’s and guiding team members to achieve their individual goals while providing stellar support for internal and external customers.
- Manage team-members to performance metrics: Set performance benchmarks and ensure individual team members are equipped to meet expectations.
- Maintain internal training program on product offerings, industry trends, best practices, etc. and leverage both internal and external knowledge-bases in order to build a team of media experts.
- Media Planning & Yield Management
- Guide the media planning team in creatively and strategically building effective media plans for our internal and external customers.
- Serve as the internal digital media planning authority that sales looks to for consultative advice.
- Assist on high-value sales opportunities by consulting on pricing, product inclusion, inventory availability and general campaign strategy.
- Collaborate with Inventory and Product teams to develop pricing and planning strategies to drive delivery, margin and revenue.
- Maintain and improve rate card to reflect evolving state of the industry and our business.
- Process Improvement & Quality Control
- Continually strive to improve operational workflow between departments to ensure seamless transition and execution of campaigns between departments from pre-sales through billing.
- Approve campaigns prior to activation and exercise quality control on qualitative and quantitative metrics.
- Assist with the refinement and standardization of account executive onboarding process as it applies to media planning.
- Must be a digital product expert to help guide media planning team in building strategic, effective plans
- Deep understanding of OTT and video inventory sources and data strategies a plus
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills as well as the ability to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines
- Understanding of working with multiple product to derive strategies that push sales. Previous sales experience a plus.
- High attention to detail
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills
- Proficiency in Salesforce and MS Office with strong Excel skills
- Superior verbal and written communication and customer service skills
- Flexible, personable attitude with the willingness to go the extra mile
- Must reside in the New York Metro Area
- 2+ years experience managing media planners/account managers
- 5+ years overall experience working in media planning/account management/ sales
- BA/BS Degree
Gamut offers and provides a top tier benefits package including health, dental, vision and, PTO (paid time off), 401(k) matching and pension. We also offer a variety of employee development opportunities. We are looking to hire individuals who will help us accomplish our goals with Speed, Passion and Courage.
GAMUT is a subsidiary of Cox Media Group and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please visit the following two sites:
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may e-mail CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, click here: www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf
We maintain an Affirmative Action Plan for the purpose of proactively seeking employment and advancement for qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Upon request, we will schedule time to make our Affirmative Action Plan accessible. If you are interested, please submit a written request with the email subject line: 2018 Request to View Affirmative Action Plan to the Compliance Administrator at “CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com” This email box is not for resumes or follow up on job applications.