Credentialing Coordinator, San Antonio, TX, US #15603
Cherokee Nation Healthcare Services’ business consultants are experts in providing comprehensive advisory and assistance and health care solutions for hospitals, clinics, and military treatment facilities throughout the United States and Guam. CNHS has leveraged mission-critical demand with results-driven excellence for the past 10 years, and continue to do so. CNHS and its partners can provide robust solutions for your evolving needs.
As a tribal 8(a), SBA certified firm, and an unlimited sole source provider to customers, we have a wealth of knowledge and expertise at our disposal. Wholly owned by the Cherokee Nation, CNHS’s strong financial support, extensive past performance history and emphasis on quality management expertise allows the company to offer a truly unique value proposition to support any size client base. Large or small, federal or commercial, we are responsive to the mission at hand. CNHS serves customers in more than 27 states and three countries.
For more company information, visit our site at http://cherokee-cnhs.com/Pages/home.aspx
The Credentialing Coordinator will assist the SAMMC Virtual Med Center Support Services with credentialing and privileging tasks and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Attend and participate in meetings and professional staff conferences and other appropriate professional activities such as, but not limited to the following: professional staff meetings, Department meetings, and others required by applicable regulations, MTF guidance, or as directed by the Commander, Virtual MEDCEN or his/her designated representative.
- Participate in special event informational seminars as directed by the Commander VMEDCEN or his/her designated representative.
- Process applications and reappointment paperwork, checking for full completeness and accuracy. They constantly collect and process significant amounts of verification and accreditation information, and thus must constantly maintain and update accurate databases for both practitioners and facilities. These databases include pertinent education, training, experience, and licensure content.
- Perform qualitative analysis to ensure accuracy, internal consistency and correlation of recorded data. Determine that diagnostic and procedural terminology used is consistent with currently acceptable medical nomenclature. Contact appropriate medical staff members to rectify inconsistencies, deficiencies and discrepancies in medical documentation.
- Provide office automation support and production to improve the efficiency and/or effectiveness of office operations.
- Monitor and respond to electronic mail and maintain paper files of information for later retrieval as appropriate. Credentialing/ Privileging Coordinator integrates data from various types of software, including Microsoft Access, Excel, Work, PowerPoint, CCQAS, AHLTA, and CHCS
- Serve as a point of contact regarding Credentials. Serve as advisor regarding credentialing issues and management of CCQAS and PCFs and NPP files. Interface with credentialing coordinators in Medical Staff Credentials Offices located within each Military Treatment Facility worldwide and with military units. Ensure continuity of credentialing processes between and appropriate external agencies
- Maintain databases in support of the credentialing and privileging function to effectively and efficiently manage information. Initiate requests for renewal of privileges, update expired credentials, request missing information, etc. Make recommendations regarding database revisions. Type and proof reads correspondence, memoranda, reports, and minutes.
- Performs other job related duties as required.
- This position will not have supervisory authority.
Education and/or Experience
- Requires a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline and 2-5 years of directly related experience as a credentialing coordinator.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Working knowledge of professional standards, ethics and medical terminology
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Knowledge of medical and quality assurance/risk management terminology to prepare official documents in final formats
- Knowledge of CCQAS (Centralized Credentials Quality Assurance System) and other systems as required to maintain and integrate medical credentialing information.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Must have prior or current Military Health System experience.
- This position is primarily performed in a climate controlled office setting.
With $400 million in annual revenue, 20% growth per year, approximately 950+ active contracts serving 60+ government agencies in 25 countries, 47 states, 2 territories and 2000+ employees, Cherokee Nation Businesses’ (CNB) group of Federal Contracting Section 8(a) companies is well positioned to deliver expertise needed to solve complex technical issues. Federal Solutions provides an array of services for 12 of the 15 cabinet-level departments and agencies – from applications and data services to cybersecurity and national defense.
Why consider Cherokee Nation and our Federal Solutions business? Here are some great resources highlighting what we do and compelling reasons for joining our team!
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please copy and paste the links to the following two sites: EEO Statement | EEO Poster
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may email “CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com” for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, please copy and paste the following link: Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
We maintain an Affirmative Action Plan for the purpose of proactively seeking employment and advancement for qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Upon request, we will schedule time to make our Affirmative Action Plan accessible. If you are interested, please submit a written request with the email subject line: 2018 Request to View Affirmative Action Plan to the Compliance Administrator at “CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com” This email box is not for resumes or follow up on job applications.