******** PLEASE ATTACH YOUR LINKEDIN PROFILE TO ZIP RECRUITER WHEN COMPLETING THIS APPLICATION *********
Cherokee Funding, www.cherokeefunding.com, is one of the fastest growing legal and medical funding companies in the US. Cherokee Funding was founded in 2011 at the urging of several doctors and plaintiffs attorneys who wanted a better, completely reputable, option for their clients. The idea was simple – help plaintiffs by providing monetary advances for plaintiff's life needs and medical procedures so they can afford to wait for a fair settlement – and do it with 100% transparency, at the lowest cost and with great customer service.
Cherokee Funding markets business-to-business, online, at trade shows, sponsored events, and in-person meetings to law offices and medical providers. Our business is driven by referrals, which are driven by reputation and relationships. Our reputation in the industry is second to none. We seek to build and grow relationships with attorneys and healthcare providers to encourage them to refer their clients to us. Attorneys appreciate our in-depth understanding of case values and plaintiffs appreciate our reasonable pricing. Healthcare providers appreciate our ability to let them treat more clients and to get paid quickly as well as our reasonable pricing.
Cherokee is an incredibly fast growing company and want to bring on new members to join our team. The Cherokee work culture is all of the following: centered on our core values, upward career opportunities, very team oriented, fun and dynamic. We mean it seriously when we say that we want all of our new team members to be additive to our culture
· Each Risk Manager is assigned to a set of cases/lawsuits that we have liens against
· It is the responsibility of the Risk Manager to know where all of their assigned cases stand to minimize potential case issues.
· Gather case updates from attorneys, paralegals and case managers on all open cases
· Updates shall be entered into client files and all necessary actions shall be taken.
· Address any issues revealed by case routine follow ups and formulate action plans for Problem cases.
· Respond to and document payoff requests
· Negotiate and document any reductions to payoffs
· Assist in performing quarterly reviews of accounts and outstanding fundings to assess case values, potential repayment risks or unusual changes in relationships.
· Gather detailed updates for all outstanding cases. In addition, perform periodic reviews in an effort to monitor cases.
· Identify funding process and procedural efficiencies.
· Research, present and implement solutions. Present recommended changes to upper management.
· Review and evaluate large sets of
· Manipulate and import/export data (.csv) files in/out of Salesforce
· Run merger operations to generate notices that are sent via email and USPS
· 1-5 years’ experience as paralegal or insurance adjustor.
· Efficient in MS Office
· Strong Excel skills are a “must have”
· Experience with Word/Excel mail merge preferred
· Experience with template based document creation preferred
· Prior experience with Salesforce preferred
· Strong negotiation skills
· Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
· High attention to detail and above average organizational skills
· Ability to function kindly and efficiently in a high tempo work environment
This is a fantastic opportunity to get in at an early stage with a, fast growing company!