The Associate Coordinator, Health and Safety (ACHS), will work under the guidance of the Lead Health Safety Coordinator, report directly to the Health and Safety Supervisor and support the Health Safety Department. With support from the Health and Safety Supervisor and Lead Coordinator, the ACHS will:
- Assist in the development and implementation of programs, policies, procedures, and processes in support of site HS compliance strategies.
- Maintain a good working knowledge of HS regulations and proposed changes.
- Have a strong familiarity with Industrial hygiene assessments and workplace exposure assessments.
- Be able to observe and reinforce safe work practices and accident prevention strategies.
- Participate in investigations and root cause analysis.
- Assist with general health and safety tasks.
The ACHS is responsible for performing safety tasks to ensure compliance with the various federal, state and local regulatory requirements in-support of the LNG operations. Other duties may include assisting in regulatory inspections, regulatory audits, field inspections and tasks.
Possess a basic understanding of LNG (or other cryogenic hydrocarbon liquids), transportation, storage and processing including safety, environmental, maintenance, operations, governmental regulations and associated codes and standards. Basic familiarity with safety and health, designs and specifications, and requirements/regulations to develop and operate LNG facilities. Understand the various applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations, codes and standards and permits required to develop and operate an LNG terminal facilities, including but not limited to: USDOT, OSHA, NIOSH, ACGIH, USCG, EPA, FERC, NFPA, the Clean Air Act, Clean Water Act, Natural Gas Act, and knowledge in emegency response planning, techniques and reporting.
- Assist the HSSE Supervisor with accomplishing various tasks related to safety and health, routine inspections and participating in and overseeing safety information documentation to facilitate the operations and/or safety and health projects related to an LNG facility.
- Monitor, audit, and inspect to ensure compliance with health and safety requirements.
- Assist with the safety programs designed to train and motivate personnel to minimize occupational accidents, injuries and hazards. Support the implementation of the safety program, procedures, guidelines and work methods for operations and maintenance activities, and making safety recommendations, as needed.
- Research and recommend personal protective equipment needed for employee safety or required to comply with all federal, state and local regulatory requirements and/or company policy or procedures.
- Assist with the communication and coordination of company activities including field visits, and safety inspections.
- Document and report safety conditions as needed or as requested for safety performance.
- Provide safety and health representation and support to LNG Operations & Maintenance staff. Provide continuous reporting and compliance documentation to Supervisor, HSSE.
- Support clean-up efforts involving minor spills and may perform initial response and notifications to incidents or releases.
- Participate in investigations of safety accidents, incidents, near misses and root cause analysis of safety issues.
- Act as directed on continuous improvement opportunities in alignment with corporate and facility performance goals.
- Support data entry in Cheniere's (Environmental-Safety Information Management System).
- Assist in coordinating safety and health training with the Training Dept. Participate in safety meetings and all safety committee meetings as required.
- Monitor hazardous work and participate in planning and execution of work events that are unusual or potentially hazardous.
- Assist in the execution of IH strategies and under the guidance of the corporate Industrial Hygienist, support IH program implementation including coordination of monitoring. and recommendations.
- Assist in evaluation of federal, state, and local regulatory requirements as well as the development and execution of policies, procedures, permits and/or execution strategy. Assist with the review and oversight of all new regulatory initiatives ensuring compliance with existing regulations dealing with safety for the terminal.
Education, training and certifications: Associate Degree preferred in Occupational Safety & Health, Industrial Hygiene, Applied Science, Engineering, or relevant discipline, equivalent work experience or equivalent military experience. Must be CPR, First Aid certified, or have the ability to obtain certification and have knowledge of emergency procedures. ASP Certification preferred.
- Strong leadership and administrative abilities
- Familiar with health, safety, security and environmental regulatory requirements for Federal, state and local government agencies for LNG and pipeline facilities and/or have the ability to learn and obtain necessary skill/knowledge requirements within time frame designated by management.
- Knowledge of investigation techniques, root cause analysis, incident reporting and management and/or have the ability to learn and obtain necessary skill/knowledge requirements within time frame designated by management.
- Knowledge and experience with Management of Change processes in Oil and Gas or Chemical Plants.
- Good written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Organized and able to manage multiple activities and tasks timely and with a high degree of accuracy.