Chenega Professional and Technical Services, LLC (CPTS) is seeking a Analyst IV to provide services, policy, and oversight for laboratory science, laboratory security, environmental, and occupational safety and health programs within the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Office of Laboratory Science and Safety (OLSS). The Analyst IV will assist with OLSS efforts of systematic collection and assessment of hazards related to laboratories and support areas.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct Laboratory Safety Inspection Surveys (LSISs)
- Analyze data and report findings
- Support revisions to existing online OLSS Safety Portal trainings and the development of new online or classroom training
- Support updates to existing safety manuals
- Provide contributions to the laboratory newsletter and other risk communication documents
- Assist with environmental compliance audits
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
- BA/MS degree in public health, health science, biology, chemistry, microbiology, physics, statistics, botanicals or related field.
- 6 - 8 years’ experience in laboratory environments
- Specialized knowledge of biological safety, laser safety, industrial hygiene, environmental compliance, radiological and/or animal research.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrable excellence in communication and interpersonal skills are required as this candidate will be expected to work productively in a collaborative, cross-functional team environment.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to analyze, interpret and present study data coupled with an aptitude for learning.
- Demonstrable excellence in written and verbal communication skills
- Basic office software skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Sigmaplot, Access or FileMaker Pro databases etc.) are required and basic statistical data analysis skills are highly desired.
Physical Demands: (The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Work Environment: (The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.)
- The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
- During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.