Sr. Data Scientist/Informatics
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Come join a company that strives for Extraordinary People and Exceptional Performance! Chenega Enterprise Systems and Solutions, LLC, a Chenega Professional Services’ company, is looking for a Sr. Data Scientist to work in the field of infectious and zoonotic diseases, specifically those related to tracking pathogens and identifying sources for bacterial enteric (intestinal) infections transmitted by food, water, and other routes. The specific projects involve data ingestion and cleaning, feature development, and visualization of whole genome sequence and epidemiologic data, and to help SIMSO leverage wastewater data in connection with other DFWED and internal CDC data sources (such as NSSP). This position will primarily be working with the National Wastewater Surveillance System.
We are looking for creative, collaborative, experienced, and driven individuals to join our team!
Our company offers employees the opportunity to join a team where there is a robust employee benefits program, management engagement, quality leadership, an atmosphere of teamwork, recognition for performance, and promotion opportunities. We actively strive to channel our highly engaged employee’s knowledge, critical thinking, and determination to innovate scalable solutions for our clients.
- Apply the foundations and concepts of computer science to address complex public health informatics data or management needs, necessitating the need for computer technologies, products, and prototype systems (e.g., macro- and microprogramming, survey collection systems, search systems, distributed computing, server clustering, disk farms, virtual private networks, virtual organizations, data visualization, human computer interface, high performance computing clusters) to overcome critical business obstacles.
- Conducts computer/data analysis and in-depth investigations to identify the most feasible approaches to complex hardware/software/networking system design and development problems.
- Assist in the design strategy for a major system, anticipating changing workloads and program directions.
- Develops timetables and coordination controls to ensure the integrity of the system design and the phases of its implementation. Develops recommendations to change system requirements to meet the needs of multiple users and/or alternatives for consideration when problems arise.
- Assists in the development of guidelines and standards for hardware and software resource utilization.
- Customizes, tests, installs, and/or maintains specialized vendor software packages for implementation on mainframe computers. Troubleshoots problems with customized vendor packaged software and serves as liaison with the vendor's software developers to resolve design problems. Work with vendor software developers or vendor development tools to produce CDC-specific software applications that meet the needs of the organization. Design menus, screens, and database query systems.
- Provide scientific advice in coordinating and maintaining public health informatics project goals, objectives, and priorities. Provides scientific advice and consultation on solutions to problems that require unusual approaches and/or standards to be used within DFWED. Coordinates the sharing of health-related informational materials so that scientific advice and assistance is shared.
- Collaborates and provides scientific advice to a variety of public health organizations to synthesize, and implement informatics policies and directions for future development
- Evaluate and develops approaches for strengthening the standardization and utility of national health information systems, their products, policies, and processes, with specific emphasis on electronic data interchange and electronic media. Incumbent promotes the development, use, and dissemination of information and information technology (IT).
- Consult with other data scientists and IT specialists within and outside the Federal sector to analyze and improve approaches for sharing of private and public health data and serves as a facilitator and conduit for the exchange of information on the application of informatics technology to health data issues and activities.
- Conduct molecular analysis, bioinformatics, and/or whole genome sequence data cluster modeling and analysis
- Provide expert guidance to DFWED scientists on data engineering, including applying knowledge of Python, relational and flat databases in SQL and JSON formats, and the creation and maintenance of APIs
- Provide expert guidance to DFWED scientists on data visualization principles, including the necessary software to create them (e.g., PowerBI expertise) and expertise on the creation and analysis of complex data visualizations
- Foster collaboration with researchers from DFWED and across CDC on addressing challenging public health goals with new and innovative data science, data engineering, and data visualization methods and analytic approaches
- Master degree or higher in Statistics, Computer Science, Actuarial Science, Mathematics or related quantitative field
- 8- 10 years of professional experience in an analytics role, focusing on statistical modeling or machine learning
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with R or Python
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with SQL
Chenega Enterprise Systems & Solutions, LLC
Get fresh Public Health Data Scientist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.