CHENEGA PROFESSIONAL AND TECHNICAL SERVICES, LLC.]
Company Job Title: Business Manager
Chenega Job Title: Business Manager
Location: Lancaster, CA
Reports To: Program Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt, Full Time, Regular
Prepared Date: 09-29-2019
Approved Date: 09-29-2019
*****This Position is Contingent Upon Award*****
Chenega Professional and Technical Services, LLC (CPTS) is seeking a Business Manager. The Business Manager is responsible for the programmatic contractual, financial, project administration, and customer relationship success of programs at NASA. The Business Manager provides Team Chenega's oversight of billing activities to ensure the accuracy and maintenance of invoicing, contracts management responsibility to ensure contract compliance and efficacious change when required, and management of the shared project management and business administration procedures and resources of the Program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides periodic reports of staffing, workflow, volume metrics, and other key performance metrics to document business operations. Analyzes reports to ensure business operations are efficient and cost effective. Identifies issues and recommends alternative course of actions.
- Assist with contracting activities in the development of purchase request, acquisition planning information, and other pre-solicitation documents (i.e., performance work statements, requests for information, independent government cost estimate, requirements documents, etc.)
- Assist in the development of the following:
- Justifications and approvals, determinations and findings, and associated documents
- Synopses of proposed acquisitions
- Source selection documentation
- Contracting officer's determination of contractor responsibility
- Justifications for type of contract
- Notices of award
- Documents supporting modifications executed by the contracting office
- Acquisition management reports
- Contract completion documents
- Analyzes detailed performance metrics and collaborates with managers and staff to formulate service improvement recommendations. Communicates recommendations to senior management to enhance productivity and increase revenues.
- Develops and monitors standard business processes to ensure consistency and efficiency across appropriate groups such as teams, departments, and staffs. Identifies issues or process improvements and recommends same.
- Supports management training to ensure that standard business processes are implemented consistently across appropriate groups. May provide input and feedback to appropriate parties to enhance training.
- Developing and managing project management administration shared resources, such as project plan templates, project management artifacts, and common project management data
- Adheres to standard accounting structures in accordance with established policies and procedures. Monitors and audits labor charge reports to ensure that company policies and procedures are adhered to. Recommends changes or updates.
- Leads strategic planning sessions to ensure clear and consistent direction across assigned area teams; facilitates discussion and provides structure and input into results.
- Coordinates with appropriate parties to prepare and consolidate monthly reviews including examination of variance to goals. Prepares financial reports and monitors weekly financial performance to ensure company financial goals are being met. Identifies issues or enhancements to meet financial goals.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business administration or related field preferred
- MBA or CPA preferred
- PMP preferred
- Ten (10) or more years of business unit / account management experience
- Must be able to obtain required NASA badge.
- Must be able to provide a certified Birth Certificate (with state seal), Passport, or INS Citizenship documents on date of hire (candidate will be sent home if this paperwork is not provided upon arrival on date of hire).
- Must have, and maintain, a valid driver's license.
- Good organizational and planning skills
- Good Communication skills
- Proven ability to pay close attention to detail
- Ability to work independently but follow specific detailed instructions
- Ability to interface with various levels of personnel in a multi-cultural, team- oriented environment
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
- During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
Primary Location: United States-California-Los Angeles
Organization: Chenega Professional %26 Technical Services
Strategic Business Unit: Professional Services
Security Requirements: Secret
Job Schedule: Full Time Exempt
Recruiter: Anne Goldberg
Req ID: 1900003935