- Manage the Medication COE staff
- Conduct hiring, training, and effective staff evaluation through employee recognition, rewards, team building and corrective action, with the assistance of Human Resources, when needed
- Coordinate, track, and manage employee attendance, work schedules, cross-training, vacations, and paid time off
- Provide oversight and direction to the employees in accordance with the organization’s and department’s policies and procedures
- Coach, mentor, and develop staff, including overseeing new employee onboarding and providing career development planning and opportunities
- Delegate responsibility, set accountability, and provide ongoing feedback
- Maintain transparent communication through department meetings, one-on-one meetings, and appropriate email, IM, and regular interpersonal communication
- Evaluate Medication Dispensing processes, anticipate requirements, uncover areas that improve the quality of medication services, develop and implement effective and efficient solutions in collaboration with Clinical, Operations and other COEs as needed
- Oversee purchasing, inventory, order processing, utilization, distribution of products and services
- Perform analysis for Medication Dispensing and Part D Medication Adherence
- Create and maintain reports and tracking tools to carry out the functions of the department
- Stay up-to-date on the latest process and IT advancements to automate and modernize systems
- Support HEDIS and Quality Teams with all Part D related measures with a focus on Medication Adherence
- Communicate regularly with the Director of Pharmacy and other designated Leaders within the organization
- Performs other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion
- Additional Job Description
Additional Job Description
Issue dispensing privileges to Providers in collaboration with Provider Enrollment/Credentialing
Conduct Medication Dispensing personnel meetings quarterly for all markets
Reconcile state specific Quarterly Dispensing Fee Reports
Maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Knowledge of ChenMed, JenCare, and/or Dedicated Senior Medical Centers products, services, standards, policies and procedures.
- Must be able to handle emergency situations with ease and should have proficient computer skills, superb communication skills, excellent organizational skills, and a compassionate attitude.
- Ability to multi-task, operate phones, use personal computer, software and other IT systems.
- Ability to communicate and work with doctors, patients and other team members in a professional manner.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and to ensure accuracy of reports and data.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Bilingual a plus
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- Advanced technical skills
- Excellent documentation skills
- Experience creating detailed reports and giving presentations
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- A track record of following through on commitments
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills
- Experience leading and developing top performing teams
- A history of leading and supporting successful projects
- Ability to travel across the organization on occasion for Medication Dispensing support
EDUCATION / SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE:
- Minimum of an Associate’s degree or equivalent in related field
- Pharmacy Technician state registration and PTCB certification preferred
- Two (2) to three (3) years of experience working as a Senior or Lead Pharmacy Technician in the field of pharmacy or a related field in healthcare.