- Resolves a wide range of accounting issues in imaginative as well as practical ways conferring with supervisor on unusual matters.
- Conducts special studies and develops or recommends accounting methods or procedures.
- Analyzes financial reports and records, making recommendations relative to the accounting of reserves, assets and expenditures.
- Reviews and verifies the accuracy of journal entries and accounting classifications assigned to various records.
- Provides business partners and management with actual-to-budget variance analysis working with business partners to identify causes and resolution of variances.
- Ensures compliance with all statutory requirements for Federal, State and Municipal government agencies included but not limited to business licenses, property and tangible taxes, sales taxes and government surveys within the ChenMed companies.
Other Responsibilities are but not limited to:
- Manages workload effectively and efficiently by prioritizing responsibilities.
- Reviews, researches and recommends improvements to analysis, reporting, billing and compliance systems.
- Respond to financial inquiries of field management providing requested information for use in effective field management of the business.
- Coordinates accounting matters with other departments, locations and divisions.
- Performs periodic testing of key internal controls, and alerts management to any control deficiencies in a timely manner.
- Provides functional advice or training to staff accountant and less-experienced associates.
- Participates and supports internal and external audits.
- Other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Extensive knowledge of accounting principles and auditing practices and procedures.
- Experience working within an internal control framework.
- Must have a high degree of independent judgment and initiative in identifying and resolving problems.
- Must be detail oriented & have exceptional organizational skills.
- Analytical thinking skills.
- Additional Job Description
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting required; CPA and/or MBA preferred
- Minimum of Three (3) years of broad accounting experience in a public accounting or Big 4 environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including: Word and Excel.