The Care Supervisor is a healthcare and leadership-focused position working directly with patients and their families, doctors and other medical personnel in a dynamic and professional environment to provide the highest level of quality healthcare to all patients. Care Supervisors will facilitate interdisciplinary support and collaboration within and across care teams to ensure our patients receive high quality care in a timely manner. Care Supervisors will develop care team members in their assigned Center to make sure they are providing care consistent with ChenMed standards. In addition to conducting all activities as outlined in the Job Description for Care Promoters, the Care Supervisor will perform the following duties:
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide extraordinary customer service and professionalism to all internal and external customers (including patients and other team members) at all times.
- Identify patient service requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual patients and other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
- Ensure clinical and quality standards of ChenMed are consistently met.
- Collaborate with team members to ensure quality and consistency of Daily and Super Huddles.
- Address / resolve any customer-service issues and elevate them to Center Manager and/or Market Clinical Manager when needed.
- Maintain patient confidence and protect operations by monitoring confidential information processing
- Serve as hiring manager for Care Promoters, X-ray tech and Med Tech.
- Collaborate with Care Promoter’s assigned PCP to manage performance of Care Promoters including, annual review, goal setting, corrective action, PIP, and termination.
- Monitor team performance from a clinical perspective, identify issues, work through resolutions and provide both informal and formal feedback
- Orient new Care Promoters to their duties including philosophy of care, patient flow and clinical competencies.
- Provide ongoing education and training in collaboration with the Market Clinical Manager to enable team members to meet patient care and organizational priorities.
- Ensure completion of patient care requirements by scheduling and assigning care team members and following up on work results.
- Ensure operation of medical and administrative equipment by verifying emergency equipment availability; ensuring completion of preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Monitor the number of patients and wait time to ensure proper flow of patients from check-in through appointment to check-out.
- Triage patient phone messages making sure patient calls are thoroughly vetted and routed to the correct team member and returned in an appropriate time frame.
- Maintain medical supplies inventory by studying usage reports; identifying trends; anticipating needed supplies; approving requisitions and cost allocations
- Complete all required training to dispense medications from medication room.
Other responsibilities may include:
· Assist in screening of walk-ins.
· Ensure accuracy of medications provided to patients.
· Ensure accurate indexing of all paperwork.
· Inspect pharmacy log and inventory.
· Monitor physicians’ activities and assist with their needs.
· Maintain clinical and quality control logs, including Diagnostic Tracking.
· Coordinate sending out of lab specimens.
· Ensure all related reports, labs and information are available in patients’ medical records prior to their appointment.
· Other duties as assigned by Center Manager or Market Clinical Manager.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Empathy towards our patients at all times
· Ability to collaborate with team members, including doctors, nurses, front desk staff, center managers, and market leaders.
· Mindset focused on solving problems for patients and achieving team goals
· Knowledge of medical products, services, standards, policies and procedures.
· Skill in operating phones, personal computer, software and other IT systems.
· Skill in taking patients’ vital signs, and obtaining blood and other samples for laboratory work.
· Ability to pay close attention to detail and to ensure accuracy of reports and data.
- Ability to manage multiple processes and lead a team of Medical Assistants, X-ray Technician and Pharmacy Technician.
· Ability to maintain effective and organized systems to ensure timely patient flow.
· Ability to be calm and flexible in busy or stressful situations.
· Bilingual a plus. ...Kreyol Speaker!!!!
· This position may require some local travel to assist in covering other centers.
Education / SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE requirements:
· Licensed Practical Nurse, with license to practice nursing in the state of employment.
· IV Therapy certification, if required by state board of nursing
· CPR for healthcare providers
· 3-5 years’ medical experience