Customer Service Representative
Chemical Marketing Concepts New Milford, CT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Odyssey’s chemical sample fulfillment business unit, Chemical Marketing Concepts LLC (CMC), is the global leader for outsourced chemical sample fulfillment and logistics services. We handle both non-hazardous and hazardous materials in complete compliance with all regulations for both ground and air freight shipments. Our logistics program will find the best and least expensive transport for your shipments worldwide.
We are now hiring for a temporary Customer Service Representative to join our team! The CSR is responsible for providing superior customer service within established company guidelines and procedures. This associate will assist in directing customer inquiries to the correct department, processing orders, and running reports daily. Through effective communication, the Customer Service Representative will assist in achieving maximum profitability, by resolving customer issues and complaints in a timely manner.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
(Management may amend or assign additional duties and responsibilities to this job at any time)
- Offer superior service to our internal and external customers by responding to customer inquiries in a timely and professional manner.
- Process new orders received via phone, fax, email, and imports.
- Allocate / pack out orders for process.
- Update customer on backorders daily, by sending the automated email notification from order entry.
- Responsible for processing replacement orders for damaged or incorrect merchandise.
- Track and expedite delivery of shipments as necessary.
- Process credit card charges as necessary.
- Proactively follow-up on orders to meet customer requirements.
- Process error reports and invoices for Manager approval.
- Generate reports such as Daily Run Reports, Open Order Reports, and others as requested by Manager.
- Provide support to Inventory Coordinator, Product Coordinator, Shipping and Production departments.
Qualifications and Key Skills:
(The following are representative of the education, experience, knowledge, skills or ability required for this position)
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent work experience in Customer Service related field.
- Previous Inventory Management experience preferred.
- Must be able to multitask.
- Excellent customer service skills and data entry skills required.
- Computer Skills: Previous experience using Microsoft Office products
- Good oral communication skills whether by phone or email
- Willingness to assist others in the department
Odyssey is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against qualified applicants with regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetics or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements Odyssey complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. No relocation allowance will be considered unless specifically addressed. All applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Chemical Marketing Concepts
AddressNew Milford, CT
BusinessView all jobs at Chemical Marketing Concepts