This is an exciting opportunity to contribute towards evaluating and building the next generation of antibody discovery capabilities at ChemPartner, a leading Shanghai based Contract Research Organization specializing in drug discovery services. As more and more Pharma and Biotech companies look for alliance partners to increasingly provide intellectual contributions and exceptional technical expertise, ChemPartner is uniquely positioned to not only be a Life Science CRO, but to be a pharmaceutical alliance partner. With a team of over 2000 experienced scientists, hundreds of western-trained pharmaceutical industry leaders, and experienced Pharmaceutical Executive Leadership at the helm, ChemPartner is aligned and dedicated to technically and strategically accomplish the research initiatives of Pharma and Biotech companies globally. Further information can be found on our website at www.chempartner.com.
This is a temporary position lasting up to 6 months with the potential to become a permanent position.
This position will be based at ChemPartner’s South San Francisco facility.
We are seeking a motivated Research Associate to develop and execute cell based binding and functional assays on the Berkeley Lights B cell cloning platform called the Beacon (https://www.berkeleylights.com/). This position is a unique and impactful opportunity to contribute towards expanding the antibody discovery capabilities at ChemPartner by reducing this new technology to practice and integrating it seamlessly with the Shanghai based Biologics Department. Specifically, the candidate will become proficient in troubleshooting and optimizing binding and other functional assays, such as blocking, cytokine secretion or reporter assays on the Beacon. The ideal individual will have experience culturing mammalian cells, developing assays and an affinity towards learning and troubleshooting cutting edge technical instrumentation. The successful candidate must possess strong hands-on technical skills, outstanding interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to work effectively and collaboratively with geographically diverse teams.
· Become proficient in executing B cell cloning experiments on the Beacon, including start up, assay optimization, execution, troubleshooting, data analysis, maintenance and shutdown of instrument
· With supervision and mentorship, develop and/or transfer a range of target specific functional assays, such as binding/blocking assays, cytokine release, signaling, cytotoxicity and reporter assays to expand functional screening capabilities on Beacon
· Execute client sponsored B cell cloning experiments on Beacon and summarize data clearly in presentations
· Meet regularly with manager and project teams to discuss progress, technical issues and troubleshoot challenges to ensure project tracks with time lines.
· Assist with maintaining cell bank, including expanding, banking and tracking inventory
· Assist with maintaining equipment in biology lab including procuring accessories and troubleshooting issues.
· Follow safety guidelines in laboratory and maintain accurate and up to date documentation of experiments in laboratory notebooks.
BS/MS in Biology, Immunology or related field with 2-5 years hands-on industrial experience for Research Associate in small and/or large molecule drug discovery.
Experience developing, optimizing and executing cell based functional assays to characterize drug candidates is a plus
Experience culturing immortal and primary cells is essential, ability to perform immune cell isolations, immune cell staining and differentiation techniques is a plus.
Experience with FACS and plate based readers, with data analysis using FlowJo, SoftMax Pro and GraphPad Prism.
Ability to communicate clearly and effectively through written or oral presentations is necessary along with a positive attitude and attention to detail.
Ability to multi-task, organize and execute a diverse set of activities in a changing environment, often under time pressure is essential.
Please send your resume to CPemail@example.com quoting reference number Z19002 in the subject line.